X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Vin Scully

https://apnews.com/article/vin-scull...ddb87bfb9e2bcd
    No words. Just no words.

Don’t know if there ever was or ever will be a better announcer and classy guy. What an amazing life.

Comment

As a child of the 80s, baseball was the occasional White Sox game on channel 32 with DD and Hawk, Harry and Steve on channel 9 every day, and the Game of the Week every Saturday afternoon with Vin Scully and Joe Garagiola. For my generation, Vin was the voice of both baseball history and present. There will likely never be another one like him.

Comment

Not just a great broadcaster but a great person, may he rest in peace.
        He was the last of the class of the great play by play guys from the Golden Age of Baseball which gave us Elson, Allen, Barber, Brickhouse, Caray, Prince, Buck, Kalas, Hodges and a few more, each including Scully had a style of their own, not like the drones that announce games nowadays.
        Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 08-03-2022, 04:29 AM.
        Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
          Not just a great broadcaster but a great person, may he rest in peace.
          He was the last of the class of the great play by play guys from the Golden Age of Baseball which gave us Elson, Allen, Barber, Brickhouse, Caray, Prince, Buck, Kalas, Hodges and a few more, each including Scully had a style of their own, not like the drones that announce games nowadays.
          Agree, Vin was one of the Legends. All those guys had a distinct flavor and delivery.

Can’t add much to what you’ve said as I’ve had the pleasure of hearing these Giants of the Air/Eye-waves over the years and I swear to God their voices always got the baseball sense’s kicked into overdrive recalling sights and sounds. The smell of the park, your sweaty glove, a warm breeze of a midsummer’s night. All the things that say Baseball.

Rest In Peace, Mr Scully.

BK59

Comment

He was already a legend when he made this call in Game 6 of the 1986 World Series. It’s been replayed so many times, he’s immortal. RIP Vin.

Comment

My favorite part of this clip is that after Lynn hits the grand slam (around the 13 minute mark) and Vin gives us the tidbit about being the first in All Star game history, he sits back and lets the fireworks, the crowd, and Nancy tell the story. Being able to do that in the moment is part of what made him so special.

Comment

Working...
              X