Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sticky Substance Rules...

https://www.mlb.com/news/updated-sti...uff-guidelines

Which Sox Hurler last year blew his stack and tossed his belt from the dugout? I think it was Lynn. I'm sure he's happier now. Not.

Comment

Yeah it was Lynn.

Comment

As I recall Lynn was pissed because things did not go well during the inning that was just completed and the Ump waited until he was in the dugout to decide to check him out.

I think this extra scrutiny is in reaction to how few Pitchers got caught (I think it was two, maybe three) and how spin rates went back up (so SOMETHING must have been hidden somewhere!!).

I'm guessing there won't be a significant increase in "catching" anyone. I think spin rates went back up as players and coaches figured out natural ways to increase spin rate since they were now deprived of the "help."

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
          As I recall Lynn was pissed because things did not go well during the inning that was just completed and the Ump waited until he was in the dugout to decide to check him out.

I think this extra scrutiny is in reaction to how few Pitchers got caught (I think it was two, maybe three) and how spin rates went back up (so SOMETHING must have been hidden somewhere!!).

I'm guessing there won't be a significant increase in "catching" anyone. I think spin rates went back up as players and coaches figured out natural ways to increase spin rate since they were now deprived of the "help."
          Lynn said that he wanted to get treatment between innings and the fact that the umpire waited resulted in him not thinking he could get that done.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

Lynn said that he wanted to get treatment between innings and the fact that the umpire waited resulted in him not thinking he could get that done.
            And he tossed the belt out rather than get back out of the dugout so the trainer could keep working on him.

Comment

Working...
            X