Baseball is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball is back!

Players can report to Spring Training tomorrow.

Free agency begins tonight.

Buckle up.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...wWroxk_hmqEGAA

Comment

Here's hoping they can agree to a 162 game schedule or at least something close. I'm expecting an insane amount of free agent signings and trades in the next 48 hours....
      Last edited by rdivaldi; 03-10-2022, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Per Jesse Rogers, 9 inning double headers and normal extra inning rules are back as well. No more ghost runners.

Comment

Originally posted by rdivaldi View Post
          Here's hoping they can agree to a 162 game schedule or at least something close. I'm expecting an insane amount of free agent signings and trades in the next 48 hours....
          It's been reported that a deal today would allow for a 162 game season. They'll add in some double-headers and extend the season by half a week.

Comment

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/...r-april-7.html

Bob Nightengale says full 162-game season with Opening Day set for April 7.
            "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
            -- Thucydides

Comment

Finally, with everything so bad going on in the world we have some good news.
              Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 03-10-2022, 01:43 PM.
              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Great, I'm assuming all those who were posting how they were done with baseball will now be returning.

Let's hope Hahn/KW have been doing their homework and convincing JR this team needs another starting pitcher, right fielder, second baseman, a bullpen arm and a back up catcher in that order.

We'll see.

Comment

I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                    Great, I'm assuming all those who were posting how they were done with baseball will now be returning.

Let's hope Hahn/KW have been doing their homework and convincing JR this team needs another starting pitcher, right fielder, second baseman, a bullpen arm and a back up catcher in that order.

We'll see.
                    In the end, I doubt this whole thing has done any real damage to the game. A couple weeks into the season we'll forget all about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

All? Nope.

Comment

Breakdown of the union voting. For those not aware, there are 38 votes: one vote for each team, plus an 8-member executive committee.

The executive committee all voted against the deal, but the team vote went 26-4 in favor. The four teams that voted against were the Mets, Yankees, Cardinals, and Astros. The Mets players in particular were worried about the high tax penalties.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...X0mJPfFi89wL8g

Comment

What's the point of larger bases? Not being sarcastic; I really don't know why they want to change the size of the bases.

Comment

Originally posted by Nellie Fox View Post
                            What's the point of larger bases? Not being sarcastic; I really don't know why they want to change the size of the bases.
                            I don't get that either, I thought they were thinking of making them thinner to cut down on injuries on that final step to first base.
                            Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by Nellie Fox View Post
                              Player safety. It's also supposed to make stealing bases a little easier.

Comment

Working...
                              X