This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...now the long walk in the desert

Now that we don't know when, or if, we'll see Baseball this year, time for a new thread on the situation.

When baseball resumes, I'd be very surprised if the Sox did anything substantial to plug their holes. History shows JR can be VERY vindictive and he'll claim (yet again) they don't have the money.

Comment

Lip, did you ever consider the possibility that maybe, just maybe, the franchise has been condemned to eternal punishment because of the Black Sox scandal?

Comment

Probably the most obvious statement but I'm so sad about this. This is absolutely a self-inflicted shot to the sport which was already struggling given the pace of play, lack of action, ect. Just so depressing and who knows how much damage this will do. Not to mention that they are going probably going to expand the playoffs and render regular season games meaningless...sigh. Right now I can't imagine myself investing in this product going forward but I don't know what it's going to feel like when there is an actual Sox team to talk about and not hypotheticals. Shame on you MLB.

Comment

Sox get good and this cr#p happens. I'm sick.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
            Sox get good and this cr#p happens. I'm sick.
            Are you sad because there are fewer opportunities to watch them or because this will destroy how good they are?

Comment

I've seen these photos on Twitter of Manfred smiling and laughing at the same press conference he's announcing the league is cancelling games. He's just not very good at any of the public facing aspects of his job.

Comment

As I said on Facebook:

Now is the Summer of our discontent. H/T to The Bard.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
                  Lip, did you ever consider the possibility that maybe, just maybe, the franchise has been condemned to eternal punishment because of the Black Sox scandal?
                  If that was true they wouldn't have won in 05.

Comment

Thomas: Only if you believe in such things I guess.

Comment

Pretty good summery including figures showing how in many ways with as much revenue as MLB is making the difference is really slight financially considering what the players are asking for:

https://www.southsidesox.com/2022/3/...ds-his-regards

Comment

Originally posted by whitesox5187 View Post
                        I've seen these photos on Twitter of Manfred smiling and laughing at the same press conference he's announcing the league is cancelling games. He's just not very good at any of the public facing aspects of his job.
                        You knew all about him when he told Karl Ravech of ESPN that the World Series trophy is "just a hunk of metal..."

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                          When baseball resumes, I'd be very surprised if the Sox did anything substantial to plug their holes. History shows JR can be VERY vindictive and he'll claim (yet again) they don't have the money.
                          Was listening to Dan Bernstein on 670 this morning and he said he spoke to someone he knows in the organization about how involved JR is the negotiations and was told JR has been a spectator and not involved much. Given his relationship with Manfred that shouldn’t be surprising.

Comment

****ing stupid, greedy mother****ers! How ****ing myopic.

Comment

More like a 121 years of bad ownership and lack of money.
                              It took 30 years to recover from the Black Sox scandal and then we had some great teams in the GO GO years and except for 1959 we just couldn't compete with the Yankees but niether could anyone else.
                              Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 03-01-2022, 04:57 PM.
                              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Working...
                              X