Players who didn't get in on the HOF old-timers vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players who didn't get in on the HOF old-timers vote

Happy for Minnie and Jim Kaat, but how in the **** did Dick Allen AGAIN fall one vote short??? I'd love to know who the hell didn't vote for him and why. Just ****ing incredible. Yea I'm really pissed off right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
    Happy for Minnie and Jim Kaat, but how in the **** did Dick Allen AGAIN fall one vote short??? I'd love to know who the hell didn't vote for him and why. Just ****ing incredible. Yea I'm really pissed off right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's another thread to start.
    Don't hijack Minnie.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
      Shocked, but not surprised, that a dark cloud rains on Minnie’s parade.

Congratulations to Minnie for the long-deserved honor.
      Dark cloud my ****ing ass! Dick deserves it just as much as Minnie. Both were terrific Sox players and while we're at it Billy Pierce the best pitcher by WAR in the 1950's continues to get ignored.

It shouldn't have been one or the other.

These were the voters by the way and I'd love to know who didn't vote for Dick and the two that didn't vote for Minnie:

There are the folks who voted...would love to know the five bastards who said "no" concerning Allen:

"The committee was comprised of Hall of Famers Rod Carew, Ferguson Jenkins, Mike Schmidt, John Schuerholz, Bud Selig, Ozzie Smith and Joe Torre; major league executives Al Avila, Bill DeWitt, Ken Kendrick, Kim Ng and Tony Reagins; and veteran media members/historians Adrian Burgos Jr., Steve Hirdt, Jaime Jarrín and Jack O’Connell."
      Last edited by Lipman 1; 12-05-2021, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KenBerryGrab View Post

That's another thread to start.
        Don't hijack Minnie.
        Fine, you ****ing start it, I'll join it.

Comment

https://www.mlb.com/news/dick-allen-...f-hall-of-fame

Comment

Lip, everyone here agrees with you that Dick Allen deserves enshrinement.

The thread celebrating Minoso’s induction was not the place to complain about Dick Allen’s exclusion.

I’m glad this separate thread was created.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
              Lip, everyone here agrees with you that Dick Allen deserves enshrinement.

The thread celebrating Minoso’s induction was not the place to complain about Dick Allen’s exclusion.

I’m glad this separate thread was created.
              To me it's all one and the same, the Hall of Fame vote, period.

Dark cloud my ****ing ass. That's what pissed me off, you had no goddamn right to say that.

Comment

Comment

Jayson Stark agrees with you and most of us, Lip. Paywall article from The Athletic making the case that Allen deserves to be in the HOF:

https://theathletic.com/2998680/2021...-jayson-stark/

Edit: That article makes a no doubt about it case in modern stats that Dick Allen deserves to be in the HOF. I admit I never really gave this much thought, but I am firmly in the "put him in" camp now. If you have a subscription and understand newer " + " labeled stats, this is open and shut.
                  Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Billy Pierce.
                    Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 12-07-2021, 05:34 AM.
                    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
                      Billy Pierce.
                      Totally agree. By WAR the best pitcher of the decade of the 1950's.

Comment

Working...
                      X