Hall of Fame ballots announced...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hall of Fame ballots announced...

I hope the White Sox get behind the efforts to get Dick Allen, Billy Pierce, Minnie Minoso and Jim Kaat in. All are on the special committee's ballots for this year:

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/b...lots-for-2022/

Kaat spent three years of a 25 year career with the Sox. He'd go in as a Twin, most likely. Concentrate on Miñoso, Pierce, and Allen.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
      I hope the White Sox get behind the efforts to get Dick Allen, Billy Pierce, Minnie Minoso and Jim Kaat in. All are on the special committee's ballots for this year:

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/b...lots-for-2022/
      Everyone of those guys belong in the HOF.
      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

Everyone of those guys belong in the HOF.
        Agreed, if I had a vote I’d also like to throw Tommy John on the list too. For years I used to argue for Bert Blylevin, Jim Kaat and Tommy John. All three had very similar career numbers. And in my humble opinion you get that close to the 300 Win Club you deserve enshrinement in to Cooperstown After Bert got in I figured the other two would get another look.

Career: 287-250 (27th), 3.31 ERA, 3701 SO (5th), P, HOF in 2011, 2xAllStar, Twins/Pirates/... 1970-1992, t:R, 2x IP Leader, born in Netherlands. 1951
        Last edited by Wsoxmike59; 11-07-2021, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Jim Kaat
          Career: 283-237 (31st), 3.45 ERA, 2461 SO (44th), P, 3xAllStar, 16xGG, Twins/Cardinals/... 1959-1983, t:L, 1x W Leader, born in MI 1938, Kitty

Comment

Tommy John
            Career: 288-231 (26th), 3.34 ERA, 2245 SO (61st), P, 4xAllStar, WhiteSox/Yankees/... 1963-1989, t:L, 2x <nobr>W-L%</nobr> Leader, born in IN 1943

Comment

Originally posted by Wsoxmike59 View Post
              Jim Kaat
              Oh, I think Kaat deserves it. I just don't think "White Sox" pops into the minds of baseball fans when they think of him. And I'm sure that wouldn't be the cap on his plaque.

Comment

Some writers are posting their ballots online and I’m pretty sure this one was done blindfolded. How do you vote for Sosa, but not Bonds or A-Rod?
                Click image for larger version  Name:	7A1CBC51-24F0-4B0F-A13F-B1E1F6FEED32.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.11 MB ID:	53047

Comment

Originally posted by MrX View Post
                  Some writers are posting their ballots online and I’m pretty sure this one was done blindfolded. How do you vote for Sosa, but not Bonds or A-Rod?
                  Click image for larger version Name:	7A1CBC51-24F0-4B0F-A13F-B1E1F6FEED32.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.11 MB ID:	53047
                  I can only guess because Sosa never admitted to anything nor was involved in any legal cases.

Comment

Working...
                  X