Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 MLB Playoff Thread (Games Not Involving Sox)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 MLB Playoff Thread (Games Not Involving Sox)

I thought this deserved its own thread. Of course, our own ALDS vs. Houston will be discussed in the Clubhouse forum

Wild Card results: Red Sox defeat Yankees 6-2 and Dodgers defeat Cardinals 3-1. Now on to the Division Series

ALDS: Red Sox vs. Rays
    NLDS: Braves vs. Brewers
    NLDS: Dodgers vs. Giants

The other ALDS gets underway at today at 6:00 at Tropicana Field

The Braves travel to the city they abandoned in 1966 to face the Brewers at 3:30 tomorrow.

LA vs. SF should be a great series. Century-plus old rivals that each won over 100 games this season. They'll be meeting in the post-season for the first time ever. Of course they did meet in the "Shot Heard 'Round the World" 3-game playoff series that happened 70 years ago this week when they both played in New York, but those games are treated as regular season tie-breaker games by MLB.

Pitching matchups for Games 1-3 of the Rays/Red Sox series:
    https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/10/...hing-matchups/

Comment

Rays off to a good start with 2 runs in the first, hope they sweep the Puke Sox.
      Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 10-07-2021, 07:48 PM.
      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

4-0 Rays after 5.
        I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Cruz gets a home run off the ring in Tampa, they really need to blow that abomination up.

Comment

5-0 final Rays over Boston. Cue up Jackass Chris Berman: "Ohhhhhhhh noooooooo!!!!!! "

At least the day wasn't a total loss.

Comment

I find Boston and their fans annoying too, but as long as the White Sox have a chance to get to the ALCS I do not want the Rays waiting for them there.
              "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
              -- Thucydides

Comment

Rays jumping all over the Red Sox again. Boston scores 2 in the first, and then Tampa puts up 5, capped off by a Luplow granny. Sale gets pulled after ONE inning.
                I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Originally posted by Zakath View Post
                  Rays jumping all over the Red Sox again. Boston scores 2 in the first, and then Tampa puts up 5, capped off by a Luplow granny. Sale gets pulled after ONE inning.
                  And then Boston decided to use the longball. 8-6 Red Sox in the top of the seventh.
                  I want my $2

Comment

Brewers start well in a taut 2-1 win over Atlanta. Milwaukee is a very solid ballclub.

Comment

What a great pitching performance by Webb and the Giants tonight. Webb shut out the dodgers for 7 and 2/3 and gave up five hits and walked NOBODY!!! He went right after the Dodger hitter and didn't nibble throwing pretty much nothing but hard stuff. I never watched Webb pitch before but he is a bull-dog ala Lance Lynn but younger but he has the same approach. Giants really have a very balanced veteran team adn to beat out the high payroll Dodgers for first place was fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird Of Prey View Post
                        What a great pitching performance by Webb and the Giants tonight. Webb shut out the dodgers for 7 and 2/3 and gave up five hits and walked NOBODY!!! He went right after the Dodger hitter and didn't nibble throwing pretty much nothing but hard stuff. I never watched Webb pitch before but he is a bull-dog ala Lance Lynn but younger but he has the same approach. Giants really have a very balanced veteran team adn to beat out the high payroll Dodgers for first place was fun to watch.
                        The pitch chart shows he predominantly threw changeups and sliders, which is pretty much not "hard stuff."

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/gamef...ultFilter=&hf=

I want my $2

Comment

The pitch chart shows he predominantly threw changeups and sliders, which is pretty much not "hard stuff."

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/gamef...ultFilter=&hf=
                          All his stuff was around 86-95. That, to me is hard stuff in that he went right at the batters with pretty hard stuff. i consider sliders especially hard stuff. I said earlier that he reminded me of a young Lance Lynn the way he threw the ball.
                          Last edited by Bird Of Prey; 10-09-2021, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird Of Prey View Post

All his stuff was around 86-95. That, to me is hard stuff in that he went right at the batters with pretty hard stuff. i consider sliders especially hard stuff. I said earlier that he reminded me of a young Lance Lynn the way he threw the ball.
                            His changeups were in the mid 80's. Almost all of his sliders were in the low 80's. That is not hard stuff.
                            I want my $2

Comment

His changeups were in the mid 80's. Almost all of his sliders were in the low 80's. That is not hard stuff.
                              That's just fine with me. All I know is that he challenged all of the hitters with stuff between 84 and 95 mph stuff and didn't nibble at all with off speed stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X