X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Postseason Schedule

Saw this on MLB.com:

https://www.mlb.com/news/2021-mlb-pl...eries-schedule

My question is are the games listed as "FS1 or MLBN" available on both? Or is it TBD? Since I don't have MLBN just want to prepare in order to catch the games.

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
    Saw this on MLB.com:

https://www.mlb.com/news/2021-mlb-pl...eries-schedule

My question is are the games listed as "FS1 or MLBN" available on both? Or is it TBD? Since I don't have MLBN just want to prepare in order to catch the games.
    It'll be one or the other. My guess is FOX has the option of which series they want to carry and will decide once the Wild Card game finishes and they see what the matchups are.

Comment

So if the Sox-Astros ALDS ends up on MLBN then those without that channel are out of luck even locally? This is the problem when you go 13 years between ALDS series...everything's changed lol.

Comment

So if the Sox-Astros ALDS ends up on MLBN then those without that channel are out of luck even locally? This is the problem when you go 13 years between ALDS series...everything's changed lol.
        If you have Comcast you can add the sports tier for $10/month. I do this every fall for Redzone and drop it in January again.
        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

I think the FCC has a rule that it has to be on an alternative channel in the local markets for the teams for people who do not have access to the cable channel showing the game. This is why when the Bears are on ESPN, they are also on WLS Channel 7 in Chicago.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info. This is a good problem to have I suppose.

Comment

How does one stream MLB Network? I can't find an app for it. I'll be out of town so I have to stream via roku or laptop if the Sox land on that channel.

Comment

The only reason that i have YouTube TV is for baseball . even though they removed the Chicago station that broadcasts the White Sox, because they think i live in Janesville, Wi (when i actually live 40 miles north of there) i can still access FSI, TBS, ESPN, MLBN and so forth, for the post season.

Comment

Originally posted by Streets View Post
                  How does one stream MLB Network? I can't find an app for it. I'll be out of town so I have to stream via roku or laptop if the Sox land on that channel.

It's part of the MLB app. You have to pay for the MLB.TV service.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 13-6
                  All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 300-253
                  Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post

It's part of the MLB app. You have to pay for the MLB.TV service.
                    I have MBL.tv, but I thought MLB Network was a cable channel that you needed to have part of your cable package? MLB Network appears on my channel guide but is part of a higher cable package than what I have with Verizon Fios. I checked with my mom's Uverse package in Chicago and she doesn't have that channel either.

What you're saying though, is that since I have the full MLB.tv package for this season, I will have access to the MLB postseason games on MLB Network?

I will be out of town for the first two games so even if I upgraded my VZ cable package, I would need to make sure I can stream it somehow.

Comment

You should be able to stream the games on MLB network using chomecast, roku etc..

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 13-6
                      All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 300-253
                      Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
                        You should be able to stream the games on MLB network using chomecast, roku etc..
                        According to this: https://www.mlb.com/network/about/live-streaming-faq my MLB.tv subscription does not gain me access to MLB Network cable channel (as I thought) so if the Sox land on that channel in the first round I'm going to have to increase my cable package for the month. Or sign up for a Youtube TV trial or something. Dang.

Comment

Originally posted by Streets View Post

According to this: https://www.mlb.com/network/about/live-streaming-faq my MLB.tv subscription does not gain me access to MLB Network cable channel (as I thought) so if the Sox land on that channel in the first round I'm going to have to increase my cable package for the month. Or sign up for a Youtube TV trial or something. Dang.
                          I can confirm this. MLB.TV subscription does not gain access to MLB channel.
                          Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

When is MLB supposed to release the actual times of the games for the postseason? I am getting impatient.

Comment

When is MLB supposed to release the actual times of the games for the postseason? I am getting impatient.
                              As soon as the Wild Card games are finished and the networks select which series they want. Although, since the Rays will be playing either Boston or New York, I'm assuming that series will get the prime time slot and the Sox/Astros series will get the earlier, afternoon slot.

Comment

Working...
                              X