Intentional balks in extra innings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intentional balks in extra innings

MLB intentional balks: Why teams like Rays, Dodgers are doing them (usatoday.com)

Makes sense I guess. Query: would it also make sense with a 1-run lead and two outs?
    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
    -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
      Makes sense I guess. Query: would it also make sense with a 1-run lead and two outs?
      A home run based on stolen sign changes the outcome of the game. If the runner is on Third, he can't tell the batter what is coming, less chance of a dinger and maybe a harmless ground out to Short happens.

Comment

Yes and no. A WP or PB then ties the game. It's a big risk to take especially if your pitcher relies on sliders.
        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

Yes and no. A WP or PB then ties the game. It's a big risk to take especially if your pitcher relies on sliders.
          Not every team has Seby Zavala catching. How big of a risk is a WP/PB really? I'm sure there is literature on this.
          "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
          -- Thucydides

Comment

Not every team has Seby Zavala catching. How big of a risk is a WP/PB really? I'm sure there is literature on this.
            How big a chance is walking in the winning run when you load the bases intentionally instead of facing a big bat?
            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Maybe they are doing this to force Manfred to come up with another dumb idea to get around this.

Comment

Working...
              X