X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland to become the Guardians

Name change to take effect in 2022

https://twitter.com/Indians/status/1...472101378?s=20

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Well, it is better than their AHL team, the Lake Erie Monsters.

So Cleveland has Guardians and Cavaliers. The local sports reporters must be having a field day.

Comment

And the nonsense continues

Comment

I guess it’s the best they could do given that “Rocket City Trash Pandas” was already taken.

Comment

That said, that’s a really good intro video Tom Hanks narrated.

Comment

I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Can we all go ahead and eliminate the use of the current racist team name from our posts on this board? It's easy enough to simply say Cleveland and we all know which team you are referencing. Too tired to type out Cleveland? Just type CLE and we'll know. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Streets View Post
                  Can we all go ahead and eliminate the use of the current racist team name from our posts on this board? It's easy enough to simply say Cleveland and we all know which team you are referencing. Too tired to type out Cleveland? Just type CLE and we'll know. Thanks.
                  Nobody has used them. Personally I've been referring to them as TTFKATToons but guess I'll start calling them by their chosen name soon. Based on that logo there are going to be some funny nicknames people come up with.
                  Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Personally I think the mistake by the lake continues....Guardians????? DUMB....they could have been the Rocks.....I guess Major League had it right...."They are still ****ty"

Comment

Originally posted by 34rancher View Post
                      Personally I think the mistake by the lake continues....Guardians????? DUMB....they could have been the Rocks.....I guess Major League had it right...."They are still ****ty"
                      Rockets or Rockers could have easily been used... and it would probably would have kept the R&RHOF there a little longer.

I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Originally posted by Zakath View Post

Rockets or Rockers could have easily been used... and it would probably would have kept the R&RHOF there a little longer.
                        Is the RRHOF thinking of leaving Cleveland?

I'm okay with Guardians since it sounds like there is a local connection to the name. Rockers sounds more like a WNBA or minor league name to me.

Anyway, this makes it easier to change their stationary:

Guar[s]In[/s]dians

EDIT: D'oh, the strikeout code from the old site doesn't work here..
                        White Sox Division Titles: 1983, 1993, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2021

Comment

I don't think it's a particularly good name, but I also have been unable to come up with a better name myself.
                          "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                          -- Thucydides

Comment

Guardians? Was there a contest, I don't think so, the good citizens of Cleveland would have come up with something better than that.
                            Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

Nobody has used them. Personally I've been referring to them as TTFKATToons but guess I'll start calling them by their chosen name soon. Based on that logo there are going to be some funny nicknames people come up with.
                              Never could figure out what TTFKATT stands for, please enlighten me.
                              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Working...
                              X