Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleveland to become the Guardians

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cleveland to become the Guardians

    Name change to take effect in 2022

    https://twitter.com/Indians/status/1...472101378?s=20

  • #2
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



    Comment


    • #3
      Well, it is better than their AHL team, the Lake Erie Monsters.

      So Cleveland has Guardians and Cavaliers. The local sports reporters must be having a field day.

      Comment


      • #4
        And the nonsense continues

        Comment


        • #5
          I guess it’s the best they could do given that “Rocket City Trash Pandas” was already taken.

          Comment


          • #6
            That said, that’s a really good intro video Tom Hanks narrated.

            Comment


            • #7
              I want my $2

              I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

              If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

              Comment


              • #8
                Can we all go ahead and eliminate the use of the current racist team name from our posts on this board? It's easy enough to simply say Cleveland and we all know which team you are referencing. Too tired to type out Cleveland? Just type CLE and we'll know. Thanks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Streets View Post
                  Can we all go ahead and eliminate the use of the current racist team name from our posts on this board? It's easy enough to simply say Cleveland and we all know which team you are referencing. Too tired to type out Cleveland? Just type CLE and we'll know. Thanks.
                  Nobody has used them. Personally I've been referring to them as TTFKATToons but guess I'll start calling them by their chosen name soon. Based on that logo there are going to be some funny nicknames people come up with.
                  Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Personally I think the mistake by the lake continues....Guardians????? DUMB....they could have been the Rocks.....I guess Major League had it right...."They are still ****ty"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 34rancher View Post
                      Personally I think the mistake by the lake continues....Guardians????? DUMB....they could have been the Rocks.....I guess Major League had it right...."They are still ****ty"
                      Rockets or Rockers could have easily been used... and it would probably would have kept the R&RHOF there a little longer.

                      I want my $2

                      I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

                      If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Zakath View Post

                        Rockets or Rockers could have easily been used... and it would probably would have kept the R&RHOF there a little longer.
                        Is the RRHOF thinking of leaving Cleveland?

                        I'm okay with Guardians since it sounds like there is a local connection to the name. Rockers sounds more like a WNBA or minor league name to me.

                        Anyway, this makes it easier to change their stationary:

                        Guar[s]In[/s]dians


                        EDIT: D'oh, the strikeout code from the old site doesn't work here..
                        White Sox Division Titles: 1983, 1993, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2021

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I don't think it's a particularly good name, but I also have been unable to come up with a better name myself.
                          "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                          -- Thucydides

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Guardians? Was there a contest, I don't think so, the good citizens of Cleveland would have come up with something better than that.
                            Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

                              Nobody has used them. Personally I've been referring to them as TTFKATToons but guess I'll start calling them by their chosen name soon. Based on that logo there are going to be some funny nicknames people come up with.
                              Never could figure out what TTFKATT stands for, please enlighten me.
                              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X