All Star Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Star Game

Buck talking to hitters in the box? This is a new low in gimmickery.

Originally posted by KenBerryGrab View Post
    Buck talking to hitters in the box? This is a new low in gimmickery.
    "So, what are you looking for here?"
    "I'm looking for your Mom if you don't shut up and let me focus on hitting you overpaid bloviating putz!"
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Nice inning from Lynn.

Comment

Fox deserved the F bomb from Tatis when he flied out.

Comment

It's so nice living through the age of AL domination. Getting wrecked every year by Pete Rose and Co. was no fun.

Comment

Nice to see Bryant strikeout

Comment

They really miked Liam? They asked for it.

Comment

Liam's legend continues to grow.

Comment

Once again the A.L. (aka a man's league) beats the N.L. in the All-Star (or is it All-Popularity?) Game.

That's eight in a row for the A.L.

Since the 1990 contest the American League is now 24-6-1 !

Comment

Tim Anderson Survived the All-Star Game!!

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-4
                    All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 295-251
                    Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
                      Tim Anderson Survived the All-Star Game!!
                      He looked jet lagged. Hope it does not effect him this weekend.

Comment

It's so nice living through the age of AL domination. Getting wrecked every year by Pete Rose and Co. was no fun.
                        I don't know . i miss those old all star games with guys like Carl Yastrzemski, Rod Carew, Lou Brock, Reggie Jackson, Catfish Hunter, Frank Robinson, Bob Gibson, Roberto Clemente, Tom Seaver, Hank Aaron, Johnny Bench, Willie McCovey, and yes, Pete Rose . maybe it's because i'm old, but i find the game today boring.

Comment

Fun game to watch. Those uniforms were absolutely horrible, though.

Absolutely! I grew up in time where every year after the ASG all my Cubs fans friends would go on and on about how the AL was a joke and the NL was far superior. The 1983 AL victory at Comiskey was the lone exception to the long string of NL wins (I was too young to remember the '71 game). My how the tables have turned. Since 1988, the NL has only won 6 games. That's 33 years!

Comment

If they are going to mic players during a game you can't talk to a hitter while he's at the plate or to a pitcher on the mound. That's ridiculous. It works better and makes more sense to mic a position player, like they did with Freeman, and talk to him while he's in the field. That also gave the opportunity to hear runners who reached 1st base. Good idea, just bad execution by Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSoxMMV View Post
                              Fun game to watch. Those uniforms were absolutely horrible, though.

Absolutely! I grew up in time where every year after the ASG all my Cubs fans friends would go on and on about how the AL was a joke and the NL was far superior. The 1983 AL victory at Comiskey was the lone exception to the long string of NL wins (I was too young to remember the '71 game). My how the tables have turned. Since 1988, the NL has only won 6 games. That's 33 years!
                              I don't know anyone who thinks the uniforms look good, but they're not marketed towards me. I wonder if next year they'll have teams wear the city connect uniforms at the All Star Game? I'd rather see that than a bland uniform for each league.

Comment

Working...
                              X