2021 Home Run Derby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Home Run Derby

Anyone else tuning in to ESPN2 to hear Jason Benetti call the home run derby?
    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
    -- Thucydides

I put on ESPN2 for the statcast version and did not know Benetti was doing the call. Very cool.

Comment

Trey Mancini vs Matt Olson seems to be coming down to Olson's BP pitcher could throw many more pitches in the same amount of time.
      "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
      -- Thucydides

Comment

Pete Alonso just hit 35 homers in his first round. The next highest guy so far today hit 24 and the record in this format was 29.
        -- Thucydides

Comment

Oh my, Shohei Ohtani is hitting NOTHING but ground balls. This is terrible for baseball.
          -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
            Oh my, Shohei Ohtani is hitting NOTHING but ground balls. This is terrible for baseball.
            What? His round vs Soto was incredible.

Comment

Anyone know why the contestants in the home run derby are all wearing #44?

Comment

Originally posted by jcw218 View Post
                Anyone know why the contestants in the home run derby are all wearing #44?
                Hank Aaron died in January, and Atlanta was the original host city before MLB moved the game. There was going to be a celebratory tribute to Aaron before the game. The tribute remained despite the location change.

Comment

Too bad TA was a late replacement. It would have been nice to see him in this contest.

Comment

Thanks Mohoney.

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
                      Anyone else tuning in to ESPN2 to hear Jason Benetti call the home run derby?
                      I do everything I can to avoid hearing Benetti doing baseball. However, I wasn't watching the home run derby anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X