Northwoods League opens play this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwoods League opens play this week

The Mankato Moondogs of the Northwoods League, a summer wood bat league for college players (like the better-known Cape Cod League,) starts up this week. They're being allowed 100% of capacity attendance at Franklin Rogers Park. I have tickets for Wednesday night. Should be fun.

Thanks for supporting minor league baseball. In my neck of the woods (Washington DC area), a former Baltimore Orioles affiliate in Frederick, Maryland is now part of the MLB Draft League, or MLB's official college wood bat league. I will be making it out to a game later this summer and I plan for it to be my 3 year old daughter's first-ever baseball game.
    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
    -- Thucydides

Comment

I went to a Northwoods game in Traverse City MI a couple of years ago and had a blast.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 7-2
      All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 294-249
      Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

I live in Madison, where the Mallards have historically led the NWL with attendance averaging 6,000. Super fun atmosphere. Seats repurposed from Camden Yards and Wrigley.

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
          I went to a Northwoods game in Traverse City MI a couple of years ago and had a blast.
          How do you suppose the other teams in the league get to Traverse City - do they drive through the UP or do they take the car ferry over?
          "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
          -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post

How do you suppose the other teams in the league get to Traverse City - do they drive through the UP or do they take the car ferry over?
            Maybe they fly. I've done it. I think the airport is named Cherry Field or something like that.

Comment

And the Moondogs beat the St. Cloud Rox 3-1. A beautiful evening, temperatures in the mid 70s, low humidity, nice breeze. A great time. Already looking forward to the next game in my five-game package.

Comment

Working...
              X