Possible realignment plan for 2020?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kittle42 View Post

I believe people say things like this because they want the entertainers to entertain. If you were in the position of the players, you might not have the same opinion.
    I actually don’t want them to play. I would love to have live sports to watch, but athletes are among the least essential workers we have. Pro baseball players are obscenely overpaid and have the resources to stay home and sit this out. I have more sympathy for the economic plight of minor leaguers, stadium staff, etc., but I do not think the world owes anyone a baseball season. I do not think the players have a duty to play. And I don’t want to take this discussion any further in the direction of politics.

Back to Snell. He’s entitled to feel and say what he wants. I think his position is dishonest.

Comment

• Originally posted by A. Cavatica View Post

I actually don’t want them to play. I would love to have live sports to watch, but athletes are among the least essential workers we have. Pro baseball players are obscenely overpaid and have the resources to stay home and sit this out. I have more sympathy for the economic plight of minor leaguers, stadium staff, etc., but I do not think the world owes anyone a baseball season. I do not think the players have a duty to play. And I don’t want to take this discussion any further in the direction of politics.

Back to Snell. He’s entitled to feel and say what he wants. I think his position is dishonest.
      One good thing the PA did was the $400 weekly stipend they are giving minor leaguers. Not a lot, but believe it or not, it's a raise for many.

Comment

• The players have responded to the proposal from MLB but not a lot of specifics in this article other than a few objections about coming to the park in uniform and no showers/hydrotherapy/ They also want more frequent testing and different protocols for higher risk players.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...bdu-story.html
        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

• Oh and for the first time ever on these new forums...

Comment

• Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
            Blake Snell said something today to the effect of (and I'm paraphrasing) that he won't risk his health for half of his salary. These guys are completely and utterly tone deaf to what the hell is going on in the world. Either you're concerned about your safety which is completely valid or you're willing to play. Not this in-between logic of talking about how concerned you are about your health BUT if they paid enough you apparently won't be concerned about your health?
            I've always thought that Snell was a stand up guy and pretty mature for a fairly young guy, I've lost all respect I had for him, he can go and pound sand.

Batting in the second position for the White Sox, number 2, the second baseman Nelson Fox.

Comment

• Originally posted by XplodingScorbord View Post
              Wouldn’t it make more sense with Atlanta in the East and Pittsburgh in the central?
              Atlanta in the Central makes some sense to me because I know that there were once a lot of Sox fans in the southeast, when Sox games were broadcast through the south. Was it on WLS clear-channel or were the games broadcast over local stations? I do not recall. But that all changed when the Braves moved to Atlanta. On the other hand, any remaining Sox fans from those days would be getting a little long in the tooth. Geographically wouldn't switching Atlanta and Toronto make sense?

Four Sox Gold Gloves in 1960.
              One position player Gold Glove in the last 21 years.

Comment

• https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...t-paid-players
                I hope a better proposal is presented to the players over the next few days. I can't see a season happening otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
                  https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...t-paid-players
                  I hope a better proposal is presented to the players over the next few days. I can't see a season happening otherwise.
                  To me it looks like an offer that's main purpose is to start fracturing the union, since big money players are not going to vote for it, more than it is a serious offer to get back on the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrX View Post

To me it looks like an offer that's main purpose is to start fracturing the union, since big money players are not going to vote for it, more than it is a serious offer to get back on the field.
                    If that's their intent, there's not going to be a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

If that's their intent, there's not going to be a season.
                      Wondering if the owners looked at what happened with the last NFL negotiations, where the big money guys like Watt and Aaron Rodgers were vocal about their no votes for the CBA and it passed anyway, and figured they should give it a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrX View Post

Wondering if the owners looked at what happened with the last NFL negotiations, where the big money guys like Watt and Aaron Rodgers were vocal about their no votes for the CBA and it passed anyway, and figured they should give it a shot.
                        Well a guy making under $1M a year with a projected 5 year career as a backup is more likely to take whatever he can get as fast as he can get it and there's a lot more of them then there are the guys who can easily afford to sit out.

Comment

• Ive been out of the loop lately So I dont know if this has been brought up. If there is no season will service time count for this year?

Comment

• Max Scherzer, one of the highest ranking players in the union, had some serious words tonight. Sounds like unless the owners are willing to show their books, the players indeed won't agree to further pay cuts (which we all knew anyway). Unless something drastic changes before the end of next week, I don't think we're gonna have baseball this year.
                            https://twitter.com/Max_Scherzer/sta...42546619691010

Comment

• Players are pushing for more games, I've seen 100-110 instead of 82, now with prorated salaries. Going to be a lot of double headers if that happens since they don't want to extend the season too far into the fall in case another wave happens.

Comment

• Nightengale believes there will be a season.
                                https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/5272707...mpression=true

Comment

Working...
                                X