Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Flubs Thread

Because he certainly can't manage!

Hendricks, the supposed ace of the staff, lasts only three innings in the opener, and Ross ends up using eight pitchers. Baez and Heyward both go 0 for 4 with three strikeouts. Could be a long season in Wrigleyville.

Comment

I certainly hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
        Hendricks, the supposed ace of the staff, lasts only three innings in the opener, and Ross ends up using eight pitchers. Baez and Heyward both go 0 for 4 with three strikeouts. Could be a long season in Wrigleyville.
        That would be nice.
        Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Any Cubs loss puts a smile on my face, but an Opening Day loss at home is just that much sweeter.

Comment

Cub fans who thought the Ricketts were going to run the team and spend like the Dodgers are slowly coming to realization that the family is going to run it like their own personal ATM.

It will really sink in if, or when, they trade Bryant and Rizzo over the summer.

Comment

They aren’t going to trade Rizzo, imo. If anyone of their big 3 (4) stay, it’d be him. If he has a mediocre year, I don’t see Rizzo earning the cubs current offer from another club.

Comment

Originally posted by MrX View Post
                Cub fans who thought the Ricketts were going to run the team and spend like the Dodgers are slowly coming to realization that the family is going to run it like their own personal ATM.

It will really sink in if, or when, they trade Bryant and Rizzo over the summer.
                Given the state of the team and the regression of on roster talent, trading them and rebuilding would be the smart move anyway.

Comment

Hey, the Pirates are pretty good. That Stargell kid is really something......

Comment

What an incredible play by the Cubs gold glove SS. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

https://twitter.com/editti22/status/...340979202?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
                      What an incredible play by the Cubs gold glove SS. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

https://twitter.com/editti22/status/...340979202?s=20
                      I remember they once had a Shortstop (or Third Baseman?) who made it necessary for fans sitting behind First to wear helmets to prevent head injuries.......

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post

I remember they once had a Shortstop (or Third Baseman?) who made it necessary for fans sitting behind First to wear helmets to prevent head injuries.......
                        I believe that was Roy Smally (the elder). I remember my dad telling me that story when I was a kid.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 7-2
                        All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 294-249
                        Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

And there was their famous DP combination of "Sandberg to Dunston to the dugout."

Comment

Cubs have a covid outbreak in their bullpen. The bull pen coach tested positive, they have 4 players on the IL because of contact, and Hendricks was scratched last night with an undisclosed illness.

They also reportedly have a large number of guys that refused the vaccine. Eric Sogard, who's only on the roster so they can manipulate Hoerner's service time, is married to a loud anti-vaxxer so I wonder how much influence he has had.

Comment

As bad as the Sox are hitting (and they are bad) the Cubs lineup today had seven position players batting under .160. And yes they are getting shut out in the 9th inning.

Also looks like the Red Sox are about to win their eighth in a row. ESPN is having giddy fits.

Comment

Working...
                              X