• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of terrible umpiring....

https://twitter.com/jomboymedia/stat...901548040?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
      That was pretty ****ty. I'm not even sure it actually hit him.
      Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

I could not locate a video of it, but in '05, Country Joe West gave Ozzie the heave-ho in Oakland after Joe Crede was hit by a pitch and West did not give him First because "he did not try to avoid it." It resulted in yet another Hawk Ump meltdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post

I could not locate a video of it, but in '05, Country Joe West gave Ozzie the heave-ho in Oakland after Joe Crede was hit by a pitch and West did not give him First because "he did not try to avoid it." It resulted in yet another Hawk Ump meltdown.
          Joe Crede was playing shortstop in that game and Jermaine Dye had to come in as his defensive replacement at short.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post

I was remembering that while watching the The video did kind of look like Crede lowered his elbow into the baseball if that's even possible in such a short period of time. It's the only time I've ever seen it called. The pitch was not a strike in Crede's case.
            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Saw that earlier. Even the Mets broadcasters were pretty upset about how the umps called that one.

Could you imagine Hawk Harrelson's reaction to that? If it was against the Sox he'd have a legendary meltdown. And I know the guy called out some BS calls here and there that went our way.

Comment

I realize things are subjective, the human element is always involved but when you see how bad guys like West, Hernandez and a few others are, it really is incredible and insulting to the game, that they still have jobs. I mean are the fans the only ones who see this stuff?

Comment

Working...
                X