No announcement yet.

2021 General Baseball Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland scored 2 in the 6th. It's now top 9th in Seattle with the M's still holding the lead at 3-2.

Cleveland got a 2 out single but ended up losing the game 3-2.
    Last edited by jcw218; 05-16-2021, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcw218 View Post
      Cleveland scored 2 in the 6th. It's now top 9th in Seattle with the M's still holding the lead at 3-2.

Cleveland got a 2 out single but ended up losing the game 3-2.
      You left out the Cleveland seventh that began with the first two hitters reaching base. Eddie Rosario (who actually made the last out in the ninth and is now hitting just .206) sacrificed runners to second and third. Seattle waled Jose Ramirez and Franmil Reyes ended the inning scoreslessly by grounding into a double play. Cleveland had its chances. As frustrating as the weekend was for the White Sox, Sunday;s heroics meant it was a weekend that picked up ground on the Indians and Twins, who threw away, let bounce away, whatever another game today.

Comment

• Originally posted by TDog View Post

You left out the Cleveland seventh that began with the first two hitters reaching base. Eddie Rosario (who actually made the last out in the ninth and is now hitting just .206) sacrificed runners to second and third. Seattle waled Jose Ramirez and Franmil Reyes ended the inning scoreslessly by grounding into a double play. Cleveland had its chances. As frustrating as the weekend was for the White Sox, Sunday;s heroics meant it was a weekend that picked up ground on the Indians and Twins, who threw away, let bounce away, whatever another game today.
        Thanks for the additional commentary on the game, TDog. I just was jumping back and forth between gameday and the white sox main page and did not see the play by play action for the Cleveland 7th

Comment

Thanks for the additional commentary on the game, TDog. I just was jumping back and forth between gameday and the white sox main page and did not see the play by play action for the Cleveland 7th
          The final score was certainly enough good news, but I find it interesting when teams that some in this forum praise as being better for this or that reason lose games they could have won. Today's game was even a Bieber start, but he didn't make it though the fifth Lately there seems to be less feeling of White Sox inferiority here lately, though, and probably less need for such perspective.

Comment

• Everyone has a right to their own opinion. We're roughly a quarter of the way through the season, but so far it seems that the preseason prognosticators have been right in saying the White Sox are among the favorites to not only win the AL Central but the whole AL. Yes there is still a whole lot of baseball still to be played and anything is possible.

Comment

Everyone has a right to their own opinion. We're roughly a quarter of the way through the season, but so far it seems that the preseason prognosticators have been right in saying the White Sox are among the favorites to not only win the AL Central but the whole AL. Yes there is still a whole lot of baseball still to be played and anything is possible.
              Just get Robert back and the sky is the limit. It's the one seriously weak spot the Sox have. Obviously Eloy would be great too, but Vaughn and Mercedes are covering that gap well.
              Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

• Seattle seems to have found a way to score runs off Bieber. Something hopefully the Sox will learn how to do since they are almost guaranteed to see him a few more times this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by TDog View Post

I actually was watching the game until that happened, at which point I turned off MLB.tv in disgust and did the dishes instead. I was shocked to find they didn't score.

Sox now have the highest lead (2.5 games) of any division leader. But their WS% is the second lowest. The Yankees series will be a huge test.
                  "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                  -- Thucydides

Comment

• Mike Trout reportedly could miss six to eight weeks because of a calf injury sustained while simply running the bases Monday night. He walked in his first and only plate appearance. As with Robert, there was no collision, no slide

The Angels, since opening against the White Sox anyway, haven't been doing well this season. Once again, a couple of national writers picked them to win the West, but once again, they look like they might finish below .500, with or without Trout. In addition to having scant little pitching, by contending standards, they have little outfield depth, even more after they released Pujols because they moved Walsh to first.

The Angels are hosting the Indians and Twins on their current homestand, and I was hoping they would have a good week.

Comment

• Angels came back from five down to tie Cleveland then lost 6-5.

Tigers Turnbull with a no-hitter in the 9th inning at Seattle.

Comment

• No-hitter for the Tigers Turnbull 5-0 at Seattle, walked two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                          No-hitter for the Tigers Turnbull 5-0 at Seattle, walked two.
                          At this rate a no-hitter might not be that rare of an accomplishment anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by whitesox5187 View Post

At this rate a no-hitter might not be that rare of an accomplishment anymore.
                            Not as long as hitters are more concerned with launch angles, exit velocities, working pitchers for walks than they ware with actually hitting and not striking out. Hitters need to start caring about hitting.

I posted something to this effect previously, I'm sure, but the percentage of complete games that end up as no hitters is probably higher than it's ever been. It's almost as if the only reason to let a pitcher complete a game is to get his no-hitter.

Comment

• And another no-no tonight, Corey Kluber. Ho hum.

Comment

• They’ll shrink the strike zone after the strike.

Spike fan interest after a work stoppage with increased scoring.

I’ve seen this before.
                                “It's not the high price of stardom that bothers me...it's the high price of mediocrity." - Bill Veeck

"If I was going to storm a pillbox, going to sheer, utter, certain death, and the Colonel said 'Shepherd, pick six guys", I'd pick six White Sox fans because they have known death every day of their lives and it holds no terror for them." - Jean Shepherd

Comment

Working...
                                X