Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League Crackdown of Pitcher Foreign Substance Use

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...629442562?s=19

I figured this was coming. Time to keep an eye on suspected user performance. May have been a bad time to dish out 200M contracts for suspected users.

Originally posted by DeployEloy View Post
    https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...629442562?s=19

I figured this was coming. Time to keep an eye on suspected user performance. May have been a bad time to dish out 200M contracts for suspected users.
    We'll know with a reduction in spin rates. Perhaps this move in conjunction with the deadening of the baseball were done to mitigate the effects either would have?

There are people that believe there isn't a pitcher in baseball that doesn't use pine tar.

Comment

I am just curious to know what disciplinary action there will be if a guy is found out.

Comment

I am just curious to know what disciplinary action there will be if a guy is found out.
        Since they didn't outline it, you'd have to assume it's not going to be that severe. Keep in mind that corking your bat and similar things have been dealt with rather leniently by suspension standards.

Comment

That is kind of true. Since both are now monitored and given the substantiality of steroid use though, you wonder if they will in fact crack down even more on both and outline parameters for such.
          Last edited by DeployEloy; 03-26-2021, 01:59 PM.

Comment

I'm sure it will be something akin to a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again.

Comment

Given that, at a minimum, the ball boy, umpire, pitcher and catcher will have touched the ball before it is pulled out of play, I would assume it will be nearly impossible for MLB to dole out any discipline without a fight from the union.

Comment

Originally posted by notjimrose View Post

Given that, at a minimum, the ball boy, umpire, pitcher and catcher will have touched the ball before it is pulled out of play, I would assume it will be nearly impossible for MLB to dole out any discipline without a fight from the union.
                Fine the home team. They are the ones in charge of the balls and the ball boys.
                Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Hope no one gets beaned because a pitcher can't get a good grip on one of those 40-degree April days.

Comment

Rosenthal reporting in The Athletic that MLB is inspecting balls that were collected from Bauer’s start vs. the A’s. Umps noticed scuff marks and a sticky substance on the balls.

Comment

Working...
                    X