Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This will come up in the new CBA negotiations...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post

Other than increasing the minimum, how would a CBA address this? This seems like a free market result-the players are agreeing to smaller contracts. This could be the result of so many rookie and second year players signing long extension to avoid Arb years. This would suppress salaries. The players are not forced to accept the offers, but they are excellent insurance policies against a career ending injury.
    Given the clear manipulation by the teams over service time and as the story says so many "middle/vet" type players are being squeezed out the MLBPA has the ammo to claim the owners are deliberately trying to suppress salaries while sources like Forbes are saying they have been making record profits the last few years. Plus you had the ice-cold free agent market/signings and the union may be able to bring up "collusion."

Then you had the recent comments by the former front office guy with the Mariners.

Trust me, the owners have given them all the ammo they need, I've read where several players including the Dodgers Kenley Jansen (who may be their player rep) have already uttered the work "strike." These guys are pissed and ready to go to war.

I would be completely shocked if there isn't either a lockout as soon as this season ends or a strike next spring and a delay to the season of several months.

Comment

"I'm only making $1.5 million a year! I've got a family to feed! Strike!" ๐Ÿ™„

Comment

Originally posted by Nellie Fox View Post
        As opposed to the owners?

โ€this investment has only gone from $30M to $2B. Iโ€™ve got grown up grandkids who wonโ€™t be able to buy a decent yacht if we give the players more money. LOCKOUT!โ€
        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by Nellie Fox View Post
          Well, after taxes we're talking $1,000,000. How does a guy keep up with the Kardashians with this humiliation?

Comment

The author writes what he thinks will be in the new CBA. If these come to pass I think most fans will be happy (as long as they get rid of the bastardized, bizarre COVID-19 rules!):

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/r...r-2021-season/

Comment

Working...
            X