Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Henry Aaron

RIP to the real home run king.

BREAKING: Hall of Famer & One-Time Home Run King Hank Aaron Dead At Age 86 | Total Pro Sports

This is a huge loss.

Comment

Somewhere, he and Ruth are organizing a pick-up game. Nobody will pick Ty Cobb for his team.......

Comment

Goes without saying, he did it the right way.

Hank. Your legacy lives on...
        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

This one hurts. RIP to the King.

Comment

The loss of Henry Aaron is a gut-punch for me. A real hero to me, both on and off the field.
            “It's not the high price of stardom that bothers me...it's the high price of mediocrity." - Bill Veeck

"If I was going to storm a pillbox, going to sheer, utter, certain death, and the Colonel said 'Shepherd, pick six guys", I'd pick six White Sox fans because they have known death every day of their lives and it holds no terror for them." - Jean Shepherd

Comment

Time continues to pass for the greats of the game.

Comment

I remember one of the first MLB games I ever attended was the Cubs against the Milwaukee Braves. My grandfather took me to Wrigley Field. When Hank came to the plate the first time, my grandpa stood and clapped. I asked him, "why are you cheering? He's not on the Cubs" (we were both Cub fans at the time). I'll never forget his response, "Hank Aaron is a great player and it doesn't matter who he plays for." R.I.P., Henry -- I always think of my grandfather when I think of him.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 7-2
                All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 294-249
                Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

RIP- Hammerin Hank

Comment

I agree that Aaron is the true Home Run Champion and may he rest in peace but I will remember him forever as a player who refused to give me his autograph after a (Milwaukee) Braves-Cubs game in 1958 at Wrigley after I got all the rest of the Braves autographs who were the defending World Champions and my second favorite team of all time.
                    Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 01-22-2021, 05:57 PM.
                    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

RIP, Mr. Aaron.
                      (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

One of the greatest hitters of all time, and a total class act . i count myself lucky to have seen him play in Wrigley, back when i was a young man.

Comment

Working...
                        X