X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Tommy Lasorda

https://twitter.com/Dodgers/status/1...178955264?s=19
    RIP to a true legend.

Got to see his team win another ring before he checked out. RIP.

Comment

He was the Southpaw sent down to make room for a promising kid name Koufax.

Comment

One of the great characters of baseball. Before becoming head coach, when he was the third base coach for the Dodgers, I recall him razzing Pete Rose whenever they played the Reds, to the tune of "Pete, you were voted second in best-looking third baseman in MLB. Everyone else tied for first."
        I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

One of the best ambassadors for the game ever. R.I.P. Tommy

2020 Sox Attendance Tracker: 0-0
          All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 286-247
          Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Was a fan of Mr. Lasorda even before falling in love with baseball.

Comment

RIP, Mr. Lasorda.
              (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

Coach Lasorda
                Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Working...
                X