'Cleveland Indians' moniker soon will be no more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
    How about "The Mistakes?" (Mistake by the Lake)
    I thought of that but then tweaked it to the errors which has a more baseball fit and still fits the general concept...
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post

Fair Warning: Once you look it up on Urban Dictionary, you can never un-see it.
      I'll take your word for it. Thanks.

Comment

A lot of people are pushing for the Spiders, but before they were known as the Indians they were called the Naps. I say bring back the Naps!

Comment

Originally posted by whitesox5187 View Post
          A lot of people are pushing for the Spiders, but before they were known as the Indians they were called the Naps. I say bring back the Naps!
          Wasn't that for their star player, Napoleon Lajoie? I doubt they continued to be known as the Naps after he went back to the A's.

Renaming themselves after their star player might help them in the free-agent market. But you couldn't make that offer more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by TDog View Post

Wasn't that for their star player, Napoleon Lajoie? I doubt they continued to be known as the Naps after he went back to the A's.

Renaming themselves after their star player might help them in the free-agent market. But you couldn't make that offer more than once.
            It was and they did change their name to the Indians right after he left. I don't think you could name a team after a player anymore either, I would just love to see the logo for the Naps.

Comment

Working...
            X