World Series thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blurry View Post
    Unsurprisingly, Fangraphs tries to defend Cash's decision to pull Snell: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/a-defens...-world-series/
    Every analytics advocate on this board should be defending Cash's decision. Third time through the order, OPS tax, blah blah blah. Every computer in that dugout had to be flashing red to get Snell the hell out of there.

Yet I see very little of it. Odd, how reality bites in the face of "analytics".

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post

Every analytics advocate on this board should be defending Cash's decision. Third time through the order, OPS tax, blah blah blah. Every computer in that dugout had to be flashing red to get Snell the hell out of there.

Yet I see very little of it. Odd, how reality bites in the face of "analytics".
      It's not as cut and dried as that. I assume even analytics people know that. Anecdotal evidence is not evidence.

I've long said it makes no sense to ever pull a pitcher pitching a 3-hit shutout (or better). Obviously there are exceptions to that rule - pitch count is climbing, it's late in the game and the pitcher just walked the bases loaded, etc.

Snell was clearly cruising that night and the Dodger clearly loved the fact he got yanked. It was a move that goes against the analytic trend to leave him in but the manager should have been smart enough to realize that.
      Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Justin Turner is not being disciplined for his COVID-19 protocol violations.

Pathetic.

Comment

Working...
        X