Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Series thread

Start your engines.

During the regular season, I was telling the Cub fan in my office the World Series would be a 1959 rematch. I got it 50% correct.

TDog, you got your World Series between the team with the best record in the AL and the team with the best record in the NL.
    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
    -- Thucydides

Comment

I spent the summer of ‘04 in Pasadena going to Dodgers games with my college buddy and his dad, who is a long-time season ticket holder. I get the hate for them, but I’ll be rooting for them again. Kershaw has to step the **** up.

Tampa just got their glory with the Lightning, LA got theirs with the Lakers. One city is going to have some very lucky sports fans in a pretty crappy year.

Comment

I'm all in on the Dodgers. I might not be in years past, but it's the wifes team and she roots for the Bears and Sox because I do so I will be returning the favor.
        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Clayton Kershaw is making as much this year as the entire 13-man pitching staff of the Rays.

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-clayton...170053999.html

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
            Clayton Kershaw is making as much this year as the entire 13-man pitching staff of the Rays.

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-clayton...170053999.html
            You get what you pay for, except when you don't get what you pay for.
            Best reason Rick Hahn should be out of work? Statistics.

Comment

Dodgers jumping all over a Tampa in game one. Kershaw out after going 6 on only 78 pitches so he’ll easily be ready for game 4. Betts dominating with his feet and his power 8-1 in the 7th but Tampa just started hitting as Bellinger couldn’t bring in a deep drive to center.

Comment

Good on Clayton.

Comment

Interesting take on Game 1:

https://sports.yahoo.com/rays-commit...050024277.html
                  I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Dodgers wrecking the Rays 5-0 in game 3. Mookie just stole his third base. He's handing out tacos like he owns the freaking chain. If they win he's got MVP sewed up right now.

Comment

Randy Arozarena homers again.

Comment

Walk-off double error...

Comment

Originally posted by Mohoney View Post
                          Walk-off double error...
                          Yeah was a good tense game until the Dodgers just completely booted it. If Arozarena doesn't blow a tire he might have scored regardless but wow. Sucks to lose that way...

Not sure why Jensen came in. Should have stayed on that outside corner.

Comment

The games are soooo sloooow. Nine-inning games simply should not take four hours. Good job on saving twenty seconds by not throwing the four pitches on intentional walks anymore!

Hitters: Stay in the damn batter's box. You really don't need to go walkabout after every pitch.
                            Pitchers: Get the sign and throw the pitch. These days, you're only throwing two or three innings, so you don't need to conserve your energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nellie Fox View Post
                              The games are soooo sloooow. Nine-inning games simply should not take four hours. Good job on saving twenty seconds by not throwing the four pitches on intentional walks anymore!

Hitters: Stay in the damn batter's box. You really don't need to go walkabout after every pitch.
                              Pitchers: Get the sign and throw the pitch. These days, you're only throwing two or three innings, so you don't need to conserve your energy.
                              Profound assessment my distinguished colleague. I don’t know what’s worse. The incessant verbal puke from the broadcast crews or the theatrical stage performances On the mound or the preening and tap dancing in the batters box. They play 1 ballgame in what used to cover 2 back in the day.

Boomer in my glory,

BK59

Comment

Working...
                              X