MLB playoffs LCS round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB playoffs LCS round

ALCS runs tonight through Saturday, all games in San Diego with traditional 2-3-2 format (Astros road team for 1,2,6,7; Rays road team for 3,4,5). No off days is going to play havoc with the pitching staffs. All games on TBS (times for only Games 1 and 2 are set - 6:30 pm for Game 1, 3:00 pm for Game 2).

NLCS runs tomorrow through Sunday, with all games in Arlington (Braves road team for 1,2,6,7; Dodgers road team for 3,4,5). All games on FOX or FS1 (Monday's game is set for FOX, Tuesday's for FS1). Only time for Game 1 is set (7:00 pm).
    I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Going to be fun watching teams go at least 4 deep into their rotation.
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Rays take Game 1 2-1 as the Astros strand 10 runners. Rays were 14-5 during the regular season in one-run games, and have now won two consecutive 2-1 games, the first to clinch the ALDS and now in Game 1 of the ALCS.
      I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Rays take Game 2 4-2, mostly off a first-inning 2-out three-run HR from Margot after a really uncharacteristic error from Altuve. Houston had a chance to take the lead, scoring one in the top of the ninth but leaving the bases loaded after Bregman flew out.

Astros have now stranded 21 runners in 2 games.
        I want my $2

Comment

Tuesday and Wednesday, the NLCS games will be 5 pm on FS1, while the ALCS games will be on TBS at 7:30.
          I want my $2

Comment

Braves take game 1 with a 4 run 9th innings to break the 1-1 tie.

This Braves team pitching staff looks legit.

Comment

Originally posted by TomC727 View Post
              Braves take game 1 with a 4 run 9th innings to break the 1-1 tie.

This Braves team pitching staff looks legit.
              Their team ERA in the playoffs actually went up because they gave up a run. Their WHIP dropped by holding the Dodgers to only 4 hits with 2 BB.

Their stats so far this postseason: 58 innings thrown, 34-for-208, 6 ER, 11 BB, 70 K, 5 2B, 2 HR; .163 BA, 0.93 ERA, 0.776 WHIP.
              I want my $2

Comment

Was anyone looking for a little small ball in the ATL 8th? I guess that's a thing of the past even late in a pitcher controlled, low hit game.
                Best reason Rick Hahn should be out of work? Statistics.

Comment

Dodgers just scratched Kershaw from his start for game 2. Back spasms was the reason given.

Comment

Atlanta is killing the Dodgers.

Comment

Braves win Game 2 8-7, holding on after the Dodgers put up a 4-spot in the ninth. Braves had gone out to a 6-0 lead after a 4-run fifth, and went up 7-0 in the seventh before Seager hit a 3-run HR in the bottom of the seventh. Braves added one in the top of the ninth on an Albies HR, but the Dodgers didn't go quietly, with Seager doubling to score Betts from first, followed by a Muncie 2-run HR and Bellinger tripling and plating Smith, who had reached on an Albies error. Bellinger ended up stranded at third after Pollock grounded out 5-3 to end it.

Braves pitching staff finally proved human in the playoffs. Anderson only allowed the Dodgers one hit in the first four but walked 5. Matzek relieved him and pitched a scoreless 5-6, but 5 more relievers couldn't put the game out of reach for LA.

Braves are now the home team for Games 3-5, but the Dodgers look to be waking up.
                      I want my $2

Comment

Rays take a 3-0 lead after a 5-2 win over Houston. All of the Rays' runs came in the sixth, sparked by another uncharacteristic error from Altuve (his third in the series). Rays benefitted from 2 HBP's, the first Kiermaier who took a fastball off his back wrist to load the bases, the second Adames on the next pitch which gave the Rays a 3-1 lead at the time. Renfro doubled in two more to close out the scoring as the Rays sent 11 to the plate. Astros got one back in the bottom of the sixth but could get no closer.

Astros stranded another 10 runners to bring their total to 31 in 3 games.

I want my $2

Comment

Originally posted by Zakath View Post
                          Rays take a 3-0 lead after a 5-2 win over Houston. All of the Rays' runs came in the sixth, sparked by another uncharacteristic error from Altuve (his third in the series). Rays benefitted from 2 HBP's, the first Kiermaier who took a fastball off his back wrist to load the bases, the second Adames on the next pitch which gave the Rays a 3-1 lead at the time. Renfro doubled in two more to close out the scoring as the Rays sent 11 to the plate. Astros got one back in the bottom of the sixth but could get no closer.

Astros stranded another 10 runners to bring their total to 31 in 3 games.
                          The win doesn't count because the Rays bunted in their big inning. 😁
                          Best reason Rick Hahn should be out of work? Statistics.

Comment

Dodgers put up a 11-spot in the first inning of Game 3, topped off by Muncy's grand slam. They sent 14 men to the plate.

I'd say they've woken up out of their slumber.
                            I want my $2

Comment

Originally posted by Zakath View Post
                              Dodgers put up a 11-spot in the first inning of Game 3, topped off by Muncy's grand slam. They sent 14 men to the plate.

I'd say they've woken up out of their slumber.
                              The wife is very pleased.
                              Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Working...
                              X