MLB playoffs divisional round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB playoffs divisional round

AL series start today. Scheduled for Monday-Friday if necessary with no off-days. NL series start tomorrow, with schedule from Tuesday-Saturday. All AL games are on TBS. The NL series are on FS1 unless noted.

Astros - A's series is being played in Los Angeles, while the Yankees-Ray series is in San Diego. Marlins-Braves will play in Houston, while the Padres-Dodgers will play in Arlington.

Today
    Astros at A's, 3 pm
    Yankees at Rays, 7 pm

Tuesday
    Marlins at Braves, 1 pm
    Astros at A's, 3:30 pm
    Yankees at Rays, 7:10 pm
    Padres at Dodgers, 8:30 pm

Wednesday
    Marlins at Braves, 1 pm (MLB Network)
    A's at Astros, 2:30 pm
    Rays at Yankees, 6:10 pm
    Padres at Dodgers, 8 pm

Thursday (AL games if necessary)
    Braves at Marlins, 1 pm
    A's at Astros, 2:30 pm
    Rays at Yankees, 6:10 pm
    Dodgers at Padres, 8 pm (MLB Network)

Friday (all games if necessary)
    Braves at Marlins, 1 pm
    Astros at A's, 2:30 pm
    Yankees at Rays, 6:10 pm
    Dodgers at Padres, 8 pm

Saturday (all games if necessary)
    Marlins at Braves, 3 pm
    Padres at Dodgers, 7 pm
    I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Astros - A's game makes history as the first MLB postseason game played at a truly neutral site.
    I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Angel Hernandez is assigned to the crew working the Padres-Dodgers series. Going to see this meme a lot for the next week.

MODS: That image might be worth adding the library since I'm sure it can be referenced every series until that hack finally retires.
      “It's not the high price of stardom that bothers me...it's the high price of mediocrity." - Bill Veeck

"If I was going to storm a pillbox, going to sheer, utter, certain death, and the Colonel said 'Shepherd, pick six guys", I'd pick six White Sox fans because they have known death every day of their lives and it holds no terror for them." - Jean Shepherd

Comment

Originally posted by PaleHoser View Post
        Angel Hernandez is assigned to the crew working the Padres-Dodgers series. Going to see this meme a lot for the next week.
        When Jon Lester threw his water bottle in the dugout after being knocked out of the game by the Sox, Angel Hernandez called it a strike.

Comment

Let's go Marlins.
          "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
          -- Thucydides

Comment

"Road" teams take Game 1 in the AL, with the Yankees busting open a close game in the ninth off the strength of a Stanton grand slam, while the Astros pounded out 16 hits to take a 1-0 lead on their division rivals.
            I want my $2

Comment

Braves win Game 1 from Marlins on strength of 6-run seventh inning, featuring a 3-R HR from d'Arnaud and a 2-run shot from Swanson.

Astros take Game 2 to put the A's one game from elimination.
              I want my $2

Comment

The Padres are living through a rerun of Sox-As game 3. Clevinger lasted only an inning and was pulled for injury. Tingler is running through is bullpen way too fast — 7 relievers used with only six innings in the books. Not surprisingly, some of the Padre relievers were not sharp and the Dodgers now lead 5-1.

It will be interesting to read SD fan reaction. They must have a fan board...

Comment

Rays even the series with the Yankees with a 7-5 win strengthened by 4 home runs, while the Dodgers limit the Padres to 3 hits in a 5-1 win to take a 1-0 lead in the NLDS.
                  I want my $2

Comment

Braves take a 2-0 lead, shutting the Marlins out 2-0, while the A's stave off elimination with a come-from-behind 9-7 win in Game 3.
                    I want my $2

Comment

Down go the A’s. This Astros team is very dangerous.

Comment

Marlins finally lose a playoff series as they are swept by the Braves. Yankees win to force Game 5 vs the Rays. Dodgers are currently pounding the Padres in hopes of sweeping their SoCal rivals.

Granted that the Reds were the worst hitting team in baseball and the Marlins were about middle-of-the-pack, but you have to be impressed with Braves' pitching in the playoffs:

4 shutouts in 5 games.

Opposing hitters:
                        Reds Game 1: 13 innings, 11-for-48, 3 BB, 16 K, 1 2B
                        Reds Game 2: 9 innings, 2-for-29, 2 BB, 12 K
                        Marlins Game 1: 9 innings, 9-for-37, 5 ER, 0 BB, 11 K, 2 2B, 1 HR
                        Marlins Game 2: 9 innings, 3-for-31, 2 BB, 11 K, 1 2B
                        Marlins Game 3: 9 innings, 5-for-32, 2 BB, 9 K, 1 2B
                        Total: 49 innings, 30-for-177, 5 ER, 9 BB, 59 K, 5 2B, 1 HR
                        .169 BA, 0.92 ERA, 0.796 WHIP
                        I want my $2

Comment

Dodgers finish off Padres with a 12-3 drubbing.

Only Yankees at Rays will be played on Friday.

Dodgers-Braves series will start on Monday in Arlington. 7-games, no off days.in traditional 2-3-2 format.
                          Yankees-Rays winner will face Astros starting Sunday in San Diego. Astros will be the road team in the traditional 2-3-2 format.
                          I want my $2

Comment

Rays eliminate Yankees after a 2-1 win in Game 5, the difference being a Mike Brosseau solo homer off of Aroldis Chapman in the bottom of the eighth at the end of a 10-pitch AB to break the tie.

Rays-Astros series begins Sunday night in San Diego.
                            I want my $2

Comment

Hell of an AB by Brosseau

Comment

Working...
                              X