MLB playoffs first round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB playoffs first round

AL series are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday at higher seed. NL series are Wednesday, Thursday, Friday at higher seed.

AL
    (8) Blue Jays (32-28) at (1) Rays (40-20)
    (5) Yankees (33-27) at (4) Indians (35-25)
    (6) Astros (29-31) at (3) Twins (36-24)
    (7) White Sox (35-25) at (2) Athletics (36-24)

NL
    (8) Brewers (29-31) at (1) Dodgers (43-17)
    (5) Cardinals (30-28) at (4) Padres (37-23)
    (6) Marlins (31-29) at (3) Cubs (34-26)
    (7) Reds (31-29) at (2) Braves (35-25)

ALDS will start on October 5 in San Diego and Los Angeles (best-of-5, no off days) while the NLDS will start on October 6 in Houston and Arlington.
    ALCS will start on October 11 in San Diego (best-of-7, no off days) while the NLCS will start on October 12 in Arlington
    World Series will start on October 20 in Arlington (best-of-7, traditional off days between Games 2 and 3 and Games 5 and 6).
    I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Schedule for first round (all times CT):

Tuesday
    Astros at Twins, 1 pm, ABC
    White Sox at Athletics, 2 pm, ESPN
    Blue Jays at Rays, 4 pm, TBS
    Yankees at Indians. 6 pm, ESPN

Wednesday
    Reds at Braves, 11 am, ESPN
    Astros at Twins, 12 pm, ESPN2
    Marlins at Cubs, 1 pm, ABC
    Blue Jays at Rays, 3 pm, TBS
    Cardinals at Padres, 4 pm, ESPN2
    Yankees at Indians, 6 pm, ESPN
    Brewers at Dodgers, 9 pm, ESPN

Thursday and Friday games are TBD.
    Last edited by Zakath; 09-28-2020, 03:51 AM.
    I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Originally posted by Zakath View Post
      Schedule for first round (all times CT):

Tuesday
      Astros at Twins, 1 pm, ABC
      Blue Jays at Rays, 4 pm, TBS
      Yankees at Indians. 6 pm, ESPN

Wednesday

Thursday and Friday games are TBD.
      Thanks for the tv schedule.

Comment

For the sake of peace in my neighborhood, all my White Sox stuff is inside our house as an A's windsock flutters across the street.

With the Sox in Oakland (and, really, having no A's fans and their noise-making horn things and abusive behavior, has to be the best-case scenario for that ballpark -- my wife won't go there anymore), I'm sure I could find the game on television in Northern California. Things more important may prevent that Tuesday (I don't watch ESPN regardless). Unless the White Sox advance to the bubble, I think they're calling it, the Saturday Sox win in Cincinnati may be the only baseball I watch this season.

Any other feelings I have on the situation (I've typed a couple of things that I've deleted), specifically what I'm thinking when I look up and see the Sox are in Oakland and the rest of this tournament could be read as trolling, so I'll leave it at that.

Comment

The Phillies had to win 2 of their last 10 games to clinch a playoff spot, and couldn't do it. Ouch.
          "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
          -- Thucydides

Comment

Yankees scoring runs against Bieber.

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
              The Phillies had to win 2 of their last 10 games to clinch a playoff spot, and couldn't do it. Ouch.
              I hope Zack Wheeler is miserable. Dude should suffer for letting his wife hurt our team of destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by MrX View Post
                Yankees scoring runs against Bieber.
                Today’s been great. We’re halfway to a Sox-Astros ALDS and the Indians are going to have trouble coming back against NY. Plus Tampa Bay won, and we need them to knock off the Yankees in the next round.
                Last edited by A. Cavatica; 09-29-2020, 07:37 PM.

Comment

ESPN is so lazy with facts. During the NY-CLE game they posted results from the earlier games. Apparently the winner of the TB game was “Ian” Snell.

Comment

Bieber gets shelled and doesn’t even make it out of the 5th.

Comment

The Twins have now lost a record 17 straight postseason games. Their last win in a postseason game was on October 5, 2004, a 2-0 win over the Yankees in Yankee Stadium that gave them a 1-0 lead in the ALDS..
                      I want my $2

Comment

Yankees need to save some runs for tomorrow.

Comment

The Yankees scored 12 runs one more that the other 3 winning teams combined, 11.
                          The Indians scored 3 runs which equaled the total that the losing teams scored combined.

Comment

Originally posted by jcw218 View Post
                            The Yankees scored 12 runs one more that the other 3 winning teams combined, 11.
                            The Indians scored 3 runs which equaled the total that the losing teams scored combined.
                            They got healthy at the right time. I think this is why no one wanted to see them in the playoffs.

I want my $2

Comment

Schedule for Thursday is listed as the same as today, but games and networks could be shifted if some AL series end today.

I want my $2

Comment

Working...
                              X