*Official* 9/13 Sox 5 Det 2 1st in AL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 9/13 Sox 5 Det 2 1st in AL

Eloy with the homerun to give the Sox a 2-1 lead at the time, then adding on.

What time is it?

BROOM TIME BABY!

"Getting sweepy not so weepy bring on the Twinkies. It's Dub time..."
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

For the first time since 2012 the White Sox are assured of at least a .500 record, I'm thinking .667.
      Batting in the second position for the White Sox, number 2, the second baseman Nelson Fox.

Comment

Stiever looked better than Lopez. I have no problem giving Stiever another start or two if Keuchel needs more time.

Comment

I didn't see the game (listened to the radio) but IMO Stiever is more than welcome to pitch for this team again if he wants to.
          "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
          -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by Mohoney View Post
            Stiever looked better than Lopez. I have no problem giving Stiever another start or two if Keuchel needs more time.
            Agreed. Since they seem to have decided Gonzalez is a long reliever, the pecking order should be (1) Stiever (2) Lopez (3) Rodon.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
              For the first time since 2012 the White Sox are assured of at least a .500 record, I'm thinking .667.
              Dems is some gaudy percentage points. Add to that 9-1 against each KC and that team from the mitten up north. Now it’s time to exorcise some Twinkie demons. I thought once the Baggiedome came down things would improve, but the ghost of Harmon Killebrew still haunts ti this day.

GoGoGo you White Sox. Continue to soothe the Klu.

BK59

Comment

That ends the easy part of our schedule. The next 14 games will dictate whether we can get into the playoffs on a good note. With that said, we only need to go .500 and the Indians need to play at a 11-2 clip to tie us to end the season.

The ball is in our court to have a somewhat easier match-up come the playoffs.

Of course, the Twins are hot and playing them in four with all of the trouble we have had against them isn't ideal. Let's hope we can finally overcome whatever it is that the Twins and Indians have over us.

Comment

Originally posted by guillensdisciple View Post
                  That ends the easy part of our schedule. The next 14 games will dictate whether we can get into the playoffs on a good note. With that said, we only need to go .500 and the Indians need to play at a 11-2 clip to tie us to end the season.

The ball is in our court to have a somewhat easier match-up come the playoffs.

Of course, the Twins are hot and playing them in four with all of the trouble we have had against them isn't ideal. Let's hope we can finally overcome whatever it is that the Twins and Indians have over us.
                  So... are... we...

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

So... are... we...
                    We've played them after being hot and it didn't work out well. It is no secret that this is a test for us. There is definitely reason to be a little concerned coming in.

Comment

We've played them after being hot and it didn't work out well. It is no secret that this is a test for us. There is definitely reason to be a little concerned coming in.
                      Concern went out the window once the playoff field was expanded to 8 teams and a best-of-3 format in the opening round. There was no possible way to miss the playoffs over the Royals, Tigers, Rangers, Orioles, Mariners, and Red Sox. Once the Angels flopped, that sealed the deal. The Orioles and Tigers had inexplicably good starts, but that **** evened out pretty quickly.

The other day that squashed a lot of worry was the trade deadline. The White Sox and Twins did nothing, and the Indians actually subtracted.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohoney View Post

Concern went out the window once the playoff field was expanded to 8 teams and a best-of-3 format in the opening round. There was no possible way to miss the playoffs over the Royals, Tigers, Rangers, Orioles, Mariners, and Red Sox. Once the Angels flopped, that sealed the deal. The Orioles and Tigers had inexplicably good starts, but that **** evened out pretty quickly.

The other day that squashed a lot of worry was the trade deadline. The White Sox and Twins did nothing, and the Indians actually subtracted.
                        Oh ye, but I am getting greedy and want to win the division. Maybe that is a big ask of a team in its first year in contention, though.

Comment

Hey whatever works for you...

Comment

Great outing for Stiever after he got the 1st inning butterflies out of the way. I'm not anointing him for anything, but this was a very encouraging look at him. It's not easy to come in and face MLB hitters after getting no higher than Winston-Salem last year and then spending time playing intrasquad games at Schaumburg. If I recall correctly, Stiever was sidelined early in spring training (before it was cancelled) due to the dreaded "forearm strain". I'm glad to see that this apparently wasn't a major injury.

Hopefully both he and Dunning can be solid contributors to our rotation the rest of this year and into next year.

....oh, and another great game for both TA and Abreu. Both are making a case for MVP consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitmen77 View Post
                              Great outing for Stiever after he got the 1st inning butterflies out of the way. I'm not anointing him for anything, but this was a very encouraging look at him. It's not easy to come in and face MLB hitters after getting no higher than Winston-Salem last year and then spending time playing intrasquad games at Schaumburg. If I recall correctly, Stiever was sidelined early in spring training (before it was cancelled) due to the dreaded "forearm strain". I'm glad to see that this apparently wasn't a major injury.

Hopefully both he and Dunning can be solid contributors to our rotation the rest of this year and into next year.

....oh, and another great game for both TA and Abreu. Both are making a case for MVP consideration.
                              I forgot about that, actually. It would explain why he was working in the low to mid 90s the entire game. Here is to hoping that he is just going through a minor regression in speed rather than an injury. He was at 96/97 last year. Still, very impressive when he finally got the jitters out of the way, albeit not against the strongest competition. I would love to see him get another start.

Comment

Working...
                              X