Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 9/11 Eloy Excellence Postgamer

One swing changed the game. DSNB.

Winning that game squares everything up for that bad loss on Tuesday.

Comment

Reading the game thread afterwards I admit I felt very similar when it got to 3-0. I admit I was oblivious to the no-no that Yolmer broke up. I was still skeptical until Eloy did that thing he does so well. Stunning stuff. This team is so dangerous and so many different guys can change the game with a single swing. Even when players aren't going great they can bust out at any time.

Heuer in the 8th was a revelation. Glad to see the Sox giving him a shot in late and close situations. I admit I thought he'd fallen behind Foster but maybe they've just been working things in bullpen sessions waiting for a sign something clicked. It surely clicked tonight.

"This is called the Jimenez shuffle. You dig dubble deep and then it's gone..."
      Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Mize spins the crap out of the ball. We still gave him some trouble and ended up getting to him.

Comment

Great comeback and this should actually be a confidence builder eventhough it is the Tigers. We should be able to start growing from this and hopefully develop even better plate discipline. Eloy really is developing into his own and by next year should be an All Star. GO SOX!!!

Comment

Evan Marshall is one of the unsung heroes of the season.

2020 Sox Attendance Tracker: 0-0
            All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 286-247
            Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Check out this quote from an article evaluating the Tigers chances to get one of the AL wildcard spots:

https://www.mlb.com/news/struggling-...ach-postseason

It’s worth noting, though, that the Tigers are 19-17 against teams not named the White Sox, and they’re done with Chicago after this weekend.
              "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
              -- Thucydides

Comment

I was getting pretty nervous after the top of the 6th, thinking all those bad thoughts that White Sox fans tend to do, and when Mazara came up i didn't expect much, as well as when Yolmer was at the plate, but went from agony to ecstasy when Eloy's ball cleared the fence . now it's time to start worrying about tonight's game.

Comment

Yesterday's was likely the most difficult game we will play this weekend. Win the next two and build as good of a cushion as possible against MIN and CLE. Also, fun stuff happening as we are only a half game behind the 1 and 2 seed in the MLB. I think it is unlikely we reach those heights, unless we figure out how to beat MN and CLE, but it is still fun to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohoney View Post
                    Winning that game squares everything up for that bad loss on Tuesday.
                    Correct. We absolutely blew one to the Pirates a few nights ago. Last night was a game the Tigers had every right to win, leading 3-0 going into the late innings. But one swing from Eloy and Detroit ends up a run short. These things happen during the ebb and flow of a baseball season. I'm glad to see we are starting to get our share of good karma on the diamond.

Comment

Originally posted by fungo bat View Post

Correct. We absolutely blew one to the Pirates a few nights ago. Last night was a game the Tigers had every right to win, leading 3-0 going into the late innings. But one swing from Eloy and Detroit ends up a run short. These things happen during the ebb and flow of a baseball season. I'm glad to see we are starting to get our share of good karma on the diamond.
                      The most important part of the PIT loss was that there was no lingering effect of bad baseball that seeped into following games leading to a losing streak. Have a bad game, but move on from it and get back to doing things well.

Comment

Originally posted by fungo bat View Post

Last night was a game the Tigers had every right to win, leading 3-0 going into the late innings. But one swing from Eloy and Detroit ends up a run short.
                        Not to disagree, without that one swing, Detroit wins 3-1. But if that one swing were all that happened in the inning, Detroit still wins 3-1. It is a team effort even if one swing is climactic, and that, IMHO, is why the Sox are in first place.

Four Sox Gold Gloves in 1960.
                        One position player Gold Glove in the last 21 years.

Comment

Working...
                        X