*Official* 9/9 That's More Like It Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 9/9 That's More Like It Postgamer

Up a full game on the Twins and Indians. Love it.

Good thread title. Yesterday was just a bad dream.

Comment

It's a good thing Renteria is smart enough to not sit a hot hitter just because of a couple of rookie baserunning blunders. Huge two out, two strike, two RBI at bat from Madrigal.

And to Jason Benetti —

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post
        It's a good thing Renteria is smart enough to not sit a hot hitter just because of a couple of rookie baserunning blunders. Huge two out, two strike, two RBI at bat from Madrigal.

And to Jason Benetti —
        Mendick would have homered.

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post

And to Jason Benetti —
          Meh. Madrigal could have been benched without any real impact on this game. Dunning was dominant.

Comment

Nice bounce back win after a bad loss. That's what good teams do to bad teams.

McCann obviously had a monster game, but that single by Madrigal to break it open and give the team breathing room was pretty big. Dunning had his best outing and Cishek didn't give up a run (baby steps)

"This is my special dub called 'Alone in first'!"
            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by Mohoney View Post

Meh. Madrigal could have been benched without any real impact on this game. Dunning was dominant.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	f38a3608eb31ff68f1b807efdc6155d5337b22e44b385aab9caaa39673bad15f.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	8598

Comment

Originally posted by Mohoney View Post

Pitching up 5-0 is a lot more comfortable than pitching up 3-0.

Comment

Big opportunity coming up this weekend to put distance, at worst, from the third place team in the division. A sweep would be ideal for obvious reasons. If we can get that, while MN and CLE battle each other, we could be heading into the final 14 games of the season with a 2 game lead over the second place team and a 3 game lead over the third place team or a 1 game lead over the second place team and a 4 game lead over the third place team.

With 14 games to play, that could provide us a for a bit of a buffer against our self-destruction against good teams.

Comment

Good baseball and a solid game plan, tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Krs1 View Post
                      Good baseball and a solid game plan, tonight.
                      I agree, everyone had at least 1 hit and there was a combination of small ball and power. Gotta like our chances on any given night that any of the 1-9 hitters will drive in runs. Dunning looks to have a nice ceiling of a mid rotation (3-4) starter.

Comment

At this point I would feel more comfortable with Dunning than Cease in a hypothetical Game 3 of a playoff series.
                        "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                        -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
                          At this point I would feel more comfortable with Dunning than Cease in a hypothetical Game 3 of a playoff series.
                          As I've written before, if you could Frankenstein Cease's stuff with Dunning's command, you would have built a #1 starter. That said, I'm glad we have both. Moncada seems to be coming around - a good sign.

2020 Sox Attendance Tracker: 0-0
                          All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 286-247
                          Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Congratulations Dane Dunning on his first major league win! Also, a career high 22-game hitting streak for Abreu!

Another big game for McCann. I remember a lot of talk here 2nd half of last year how his first half was a fluke and he was regressing to his career norms in the second half (though, in reality his bat was cold in July then he bounced back in Aug and Sept). It's looking more and more that last year wasn't a fluke and that he was a late bloomer. We're going to miss him next year when he moves on to be a starting catcher elsewhere.

Originally posted by Chez View Post

As I've written before, if you could Frankenstein Cease's stuff with Dunning's command, you would have built a #1 starter. That said, I'm glad we have both. Moncada seems to be coming around - a good sign.
                            If Dunning keeps showing that he's good enough to be a major league starter, that'll be huge for our team's chances over the next couple of seasons. Great recovery for him so far this year after being out of action since June 2018. I'm still optimistic about Cease's upside even though he's been maddening to watch this year, so yes I'm also glad we have both.

Comment

All alone at the top . the air is pretty thin up here . just entering the tough stretch, and wishing that today's day off maybe would come around the 17th or 18th, since they are probably going to need a day off then . at any rate, here we go..

Comment

Working...
                              X