Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official* 9/8 Madrigal and Marshall Muck it Up Postgamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *Official* 9/8 Madrigal and Marshall Muck it Up Postgamer

    Bad baserunning and bad relief pitching. Should have picked up a game on Cleveland and Minny. Instead, we **** the bed in the late innings.

  • #2
    Grandal’s glove work contributed too.

    Comment


    • #3
      At least Madrigal had some nicer strokes. Couple real solid doubles. Bad night. It's over... go get them tomorrow.
      Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



      Comment


      • #4
        I'm not sure what Ricky sees in Cordero, I just see a guy who looks gassed and can't get anyone out. Maybe he sees something else? I didn't see any replay of the double to start the bottom of the 8th, did Mazara take his time getting to that ball? Because it didn't look like a double off the bat. Grandal looked brutal behind the plate in the eighth and ninth tonight. And Madrigal should not be starting tomorrow. That was just unforgivably stupid.

        Comment


        • #5
          Sox didn't lose because Madrigal made a bad decision on the base paths in a tie game. Would have been man on second with 2 outs if he stays put. Bullpen just gave up a ton of hits tonight, which they normally don't. Not a great loss, to a bad team though.

          Comment


          • #6
            These next four games, if MN and CLE allow it, are the ones where you want to beef a potential division lead if you want to be serious about winning it.

            Tough one to lose as this one was a freebie. The division will be extremely difficult for us after the weekend.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by whitesox5187 View Post
              I'm not sure what Ricky sees in Cordero, I just see a guy who looks gassed and can't get anyone out. Maybe he sees something else? I didn't see any replay of the double to start the bottom of the 8th, did Mazara take his time getting to that ball? Because it didn't look like a double off the bat. Grandal looked brutal behind the plate in the eighth and ninth tonight. And Madrigal should not be starting tomorrow. That was just unforgivably stupid.
              Something I've noticed about Renteria as a manager, his best attribute seems to be that his players don't quit on him and like him a lot, but he makes a lot of moves that I find very perplexing. I just don't think he'd be able to win in a short series in the playoffs.

              Comment


              • #8
                The thing about this team is they've been really good this year on the whole winning the games they are supposed to win. Tonight is an aberration and an important step to go through. Have to find a way to put our heads on straight and get a win tomorrow. Stuff happens, can't let it become a bad stretch though.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I assume the instructors at Bulls-Sox Academy are furloughed right now. Surely one can be brought in cheaply to teach Madrigal how to run the bases?
                  "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                  -- Thucydides

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Madrigal gets two doubles and makes two horrendous outs on the bases. He needs at least a couple of days off.

                    Cease lasts only 79 pitches and 5 innings. His peripherals are catching up to him.

                    Grandal lets multiple balls get by him, drops a foul ball, drops the forceout at the plate.

                    Ugly all around.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Saw positives from Cease and from Madrigal at the plate today. But...losing games like this, when that's really really going to hurt for seeding. The difference in how far we make it in the playoffs might come down to losses like this. I'd say there can't be anymore, but we don't have anymore gimme games like this left, just teams fighting for playoff positioning. What it comes down to now is whether they can improve against the good teams.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by vegandork View Post
                        Saw positives from Cease and from Madrigal at the plate today. But...losing games like this, when that's really really going to hurt for seeding. The difference in how far we make it in the playoffs might come down to losses like this. I'd say there can't be anymore, but we don't have anymore gimme games like this left, just teams fighting for playoff positioning. What it comes down to now is whether they can improve against the good teams.
                        I really don't think seeding should matter this year. Anybody can win 2 out of 3 at any given time. Too many scenarios to keep track of. At this point the goal overwhelmingly needs to be get in at all costs. No September choking when as of today we were a 99.9 percent chance to make it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by shingo10 View Post

                          I really don't think seeding should matter this year. Anybody can win 2 out of 3 at any given time. Too many scenarios to keep track of. At this point the goal overwhelmingly needs to be get in at all costs. No September choking when as of today we were a 99.9 percent chance to make it.
                          I’m more worried about a COVID-related shutdown than I am about the Tigers.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            A real sheet stainer tonite, but we knew one of these Playing down to the level of competition games would surface along the way. As Voodo says... flush it and go get them tomorrow.

                            BK59

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Okay, so Madrigal had his best night hitting of his career but needs "at least a couple days off," because of base-running errors?

                              Marshall threw BP today. That sucked.
                              Last edited by Krs1; 09-08-2020, 10:45 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X