Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official* 9/6 Sox 8 Royals 2 Postgamer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 9/6 Sox 8 Royals 2 Postgamer.

Nice to get the sweep in a relatively easy game today.

Only negative is the injury to Keuchel

Anytime you can sweep a team twice in their home park in the same year it's a good thing.

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Crushed those bums 9-1 in the season series. That was so badly needed after they have looked down the ends of their noses and laughed at us over the last couple of years.

The Klu is soothed..

BK59

Comment

Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post
        Crushed those bums 9-1 in the season series. That was so badly needed after they have looked down the ends of their noses and laughed at us over the last couple of years.

The Klu is soothed..

BK59
        And that's the sooth... sayeth the voo...

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
          Anytime you can sweep a team twice in their home park in the same year it's a good thing.

4 game sweep to boot.

Comment

Good game apart from the DK injury. Now need more victories to increase the division lead over the Twinkies. They won´t go down without a fight this year.

Comment

We need to find the third arm. I hope Dunning had a poor start because he had a bad day. His peripherals still look excellent.

We need to prove it in the 8 games wile will have against the Indians and Twins. For the first time in eight years, it is entirely in our hands.

Comment

It’s nice that the “Sunday lineup” and other struggling starters came through in this one - EE, Mazara, Yolmer, and Mendick all had good games. Hopefully these guys get it going so that it’s harder to shut the lineup down when the big bats are not contributing.

Grandal has also been awesome lately. A lot of people were doubting him when he started a bit slow At the plate but he’s proving he’s still one of the best C’s in the game. I saw a stat that if you take off his first 6 games he has like an .850 OPS (and that was 1-2 games ago so it’s probably gone up). A week ago I questioned whether he should be hitting in the top 4 spots in the lineup but it’s looking good right now.

Comment

Got a text from twins fan friend saying, "you ****ers never lose" . now he knows how it feels.

Comment

Originally posted by Harwar View Post
                    Got a text from twins fan friend saying, "you ****ers never lose" . now he knows how it feels.
                    Tell him to kiss the fattest part of your ass. Those scrubs have wasted a ridiculous number of the AL Central’s playoff berths over the past two decades. It’s long past time for someone else to get a shot, someone who can do more than be a Division Series tuneup for the Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohoney View Post

Tell him to kiss the fattest part of your ass. Those scrubs have wasted a ridiculous number of the AL Central’s playoff berths over the past two decades. It’s long past time for someone else to get a shot, someone who can do more than be a Division Series tuneup for the Yankees.
                      While I generally agree about Twins fans needing to kiss our ass, I'd be careful over the sentiment this year. We are lining up to have a potential first round match up with them, and we could be the first team to cure their playoff rot. Given our deficiencies against good teams, and them specifically, I'd say there is a good chance we do that for them.

EDIT: I'm surprised no one is talking about our elimination number to make the postseason given we haven't done it in 12 years.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it currently stands at 14, right?
                      Last edited by guillensdisciple; 09-07-2020, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by guillensdisciple View Post

While I generally agree about Twins fans needing to kiss our ass, I'd be careful over the sentiment this year. We are lining up to have a potential first round match up with them, and we could be the first team to cure their playoff rot. Given our deficiencies against good teams, and them specifically, I'd say there is a good chance we do that for them.

EDIT: I'm surprised no one is talking about our elimination number to make the postseason given we haven't done it in 12 years.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it currently stands at 14, right?
                        Kind of talking about it here:

https://www.wsiforumstoo.com/forum/s...d-watching-yet

Comment

Originally posted by Mohoney View Post

The Twinkees have generally bad at playoff baseball in recent times because their team-building philosophy has seemed to based on playing solid baseball and being opportunistic in taking advantage of the opponent’s mistakes. In the playoffs, they have had to play teams that make far fewer mistakes than the average team, so their lack of exceptional fire power was exposed. In other words, Nick Punto ain’t beating the Yanks. I think it should be said, however, that the current iteration of the Twinkees is built differently than their teams of the past two decades, so maybe with the firing of Gardenhire they intend to rectify that weakness.
                          (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by JazzyCyclist View Post

The Twinkees have generally bad at playoff baseball in recent times because their team-building philosophy has seemed to based on playing solid baseball and being opportunistic in taking advantage of the opponent’s mistakes. In the playoffs, they have had to play teams that make far fewer mistakes than the average team, so their lack of exceptional fire power was exposed.
                            Lack of power or lack of pitching?

Four Sox Gold Gloves in 1960.
                            One position player Gold Glove in the last 21 years.

Comment

I think he’s referring to the pea shooters in their line up.

BK59

Comment

Working...
                              X