Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*OFFICIAL* 9-5 Abreu & Grandal BBQ Baseballs SOX 5 KC 3 Postgamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *OFFICIAL* 9-5 Abreu & Grandal BBQ Baseballs SOX 5 KC 3 Postgamer

    Get the sweep tomorrow

  • #2
    Spectacular! Nice team win on one that had a chance to get away. Colome able to get the final 3 on 9 pitches despite throwing 40 last night.

    Luis Robert is the man! Such a special talent.




    "Yo Luis, this Dubs for you!"
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



    Comment


    • #3
      Robert may not have had a hit, but his glove kept the Royals off the bases in the ninth.

      Comment


      • #4
        That was a hell of a catch. It will be highlighted all over the place.

        That kid is something else.

        Comment


        • #5
          Also, that ninth inning OF defense, with Dyson, Robert, and Engel, might be the best defensive OF the Sox have had in decades.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
            Robert may not have had a hit, but his glove kept the Royals off the bases in the ninth.
            Plus, it potentially saved Colome from a second consecutive laborious outing.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
              Also, that ninth inning OF defense, with Dyson, Robert, and Engel, might be the best defensive OF the Sox have had in decades.
              That might be the rangiest outfield in history.

              Comment


              • #8
                For a guy who threw 40 pitches the night before, think of the difference between a spectacular out and a leadoff double...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hey, when's the last time the Sox finished two consecutive days alone in 1st place? And in September, no less!
                  My man Vincent says:

                  "Gogh Gogh White Sox!"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Dyson-Robert-Engel . love that outfield defense setup . been waiting to see that catch by Robert . i knew he was good, but since i can't watch the outfield like i enjoy doing at the game, it wasn't until last night that i knew that he was the guy that i've been waiting for in center field.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I like how even if one or more important players are in a slump or having a bad game, this team can still find ways to win.

                      Did anyone care that Robert and Madrigal were non-factors at the plate today? Did anyone notice? Probably not because other guys picked it up instead.
                      "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                      -- Thucydides

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I could get used to this winning stuff. I seem to recall glimpses of it over 6 decades of following this team. Yes nice grab by Robert and nice shutdown by Colome after that 40 pitch roller coaster the night before. Winning Sox baseball in September is just swell Wally. The Klu is soothed.

                        BK59

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The trend with the Sox is fairly obvious at this point: chew up the small teams and lose to good teams. It could work for us, though the last 15 games will be fairly difficult for us. The division will come down to the final 6 games we play against Cleveland and Minnesota. Given our priors, I think there is a good likelihood we don't win the division because of it. My goal is 35 wins. We only need to go 11-9 to finish the season to hit that mark. 35 should place us in second, at worst.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by guillensdisciple View Post
                            The trend with the Sox is fairly obvious at this point: chew up the small teams and lose to good teams. It could work for us, though the last 15 games will be fairly difficult for us. The division will come down to the final 6 games we play against Cleveland and Minnesota. Given our priors, I think there is a good likelihood we don't win the division because of it. My goal is 35 wins. We only need to go 11-9 to finish the season to hit that mark. 35 should place us in second, at worst.
                            10-10 not 11-9 they currently are 25-15. I agree 35 wins probably makes the playoffs.
                            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X