Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**Official** Back in 1st Sox 7 Royals 4 post gamer.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • **Official** Back in 1st Sox 7 Royals 4 post gamer.

    Sox scored 7 runs on 14 hits, no home runs. EE was the only Sox player without a hit.

  • #2
    Let's stay in first now, shall we?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jcw218 View Post
      Sox scored 7 runs on 14 hits, no home runs. EE was the only Sox player without a hit.
      Shocker. Not a fan of using Colome for more than 3 outs...seen that movie before. Alls well that ends well though.

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice games for Eloy, TA and Jose. Moncada looked better too and just missed on a couple deep fouls. Nice to see him hit the ball with authority again.

        Lot of pitches from the back end of the bullpen. Heuer had a nice outing too. Could use Lucas to go at least 7 tomorrow. I assume Colome will not be available after 40 pitches tonight.




        "Back in first and we dance..."
        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



        Comment


        • #5
          The bullpen is absolutely gassed having to cover 4+ innings per night. They need Rodon or Gonzalez to get back soon. Are there any other healthy options left in Schaumburg? They could send Yolmer or Dyson down, those roster spots are luxuries right now and the bullpen needs are more pressing.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
            The bullpen is absolutely gassed having to cover 4+ innings per night. They need Rodon or Gonzalez to get back soon. Are there any other healthy options left in Schaumburg? They could send Yolmer or Dyson down, those roster spots are luxuries right now and the bullpen needs are more pressing.
            Just going to have to give more innings to Fry, Burdi, Heuer, Cishek, Flores and Detweiler unless one of those final two is starting on Monday.
            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

              Just going to have to give more innings to Fry, Burdi, Heuer, Cishek, Flores and Detweiler unless one of those final two is starting on Monday.
              Monday is an off date. Tue/Wed against Pit in Pittsburgh. Off day on Thursday. then 17 straight to end the season. 3 vs Detroit, 4 vs Minnesota, @ Cincinnatti for 3, @ Cleveland for 4 finishing with 3 vs the Cubs.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jcw218 View Post

                Monday is an off date. Tue/Wed against Pit in Pittsburgh. Off day on Thursday. then 17 straight to end the season. 3 vs Detroit, 4 vs Minnesota, @ Cincinnatti for 3, @ Cleveland for 4 finishing with 3 vs the Cubs.
                Ah thanks. Missed that. I knew Thursday was a day off. Guess we won't need a 5th starter until the 15th in Minnesota but then as you pointed out we'll need one all the way until the end because Thursday is our last off day this year which is only 3 more starts. Wonder if they bring Lopez back up and he's just down to get work in since he would get such a long break. I get the impression he asked out of the game the other night knowing he wasn't pitching well and feeling frustrated.
                Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



                Comment


                • #9
                  Jose Ruiz is the only currently available on the 40 man roster. As far as others in Schamburg, Crochet, Steiver, Kelley are a few that I'm aware of.
                  Last edited by jcw218; 09-05-2020, 03:47 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

                    Ah thanks. Missed that. I knew Thursday was a day off. Guess we won't need a 5th starter until the 15th in Minnesota but then as you pointed out we'll need one all the way until the end because Thursday is our last off day this year which is only 3 more starts. Wonder if they bring Lopez back up and he's just down to get work in since he would get such a long break. I get the impression he asked out of the game the other night knowing he wasn't pitching well and feeling frustrated.
                    Lopez made comments after the game saying he didn’t know why he was pulled so early. I think he’s made his last start for the Sox, at least for this year, and maybe they bring him back up in a relief role. Though if he can’t regain his command he would only be usable in garbage time.

                    Rodon through another 60-pitches today, I think it was Fegan that I saw speculate that he would be in line to start on Wednesday if that went well.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I know that the 12 players on the 40 man roster that aren't on the active roster are at the alternate training site. Is there an updated list somewhere of the other 20 or so names who are part of the White Sox player pool?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

                        Lopez made comments after the game saying he didn’t know why he was pulled so early. I think he’s made his last start for the Sox, at least for this year, and maybe they bring him back up in a relief role. Though if he can’t regain his command he would only be usable in garbage time.

                        Rodon through another 60-pitches today, I think it was Fegan that I saw speculate that he would be in line to start on Wednesday if that went well.
                        Interesting. He looked like he was ready to get the heck off the mound from my perspective.
                        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

                          Interesting. He looked like he was ready to get the heck off the mound from my perspective.
                          https://twitter.com/jrfegan/status/1...513951232?s=21

                          This was from before his demotion, of course.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Here's a site that tracks who's in Schaumburg. https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-res...arts/white-sox

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by shingo10 View Post

                              Shocker. Not a fan of using Colome for more than 3 outs...seen that movie before. Alls well that ends well though.
                              Not crazy about throwing 40 pitches over 1 1/2 IP, but the Royals always battle the Sox hard. Glad they are 7-1 against them this year.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X