• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suck it up, Buttercup St. Louis

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...ae9f716ce.html

Cardinal Country watch Robert and wonder "what if...?"

He he...
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Some of the comments following the article prove that some fans have a difficult time maintaining perspective, no matter what team they root for. Here are two examples that look like they could have been gleaned from WSI:

”I have commented here for over a year that the Cardinals do not know how to evaluate and/or develop outfielders. This article confirms it.”

”The Cardinals ALWAYS lose a bidding war. FA's unless they over spend on the Brett Cecils of the world or Dexter Fowler's of the world or overpaying for their own like Carpenter. The Cardinals always pick the wrong player to go for. Or trade. Keep the Baders of the world too.”

(Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by JazzyCyclist View Post
        Some of the comments following the article prove that some fans have a difficult time maintaining perspective, no matter what team they root for. Here are two examples that look like they could have been gleaned from WSI:

”I have commented here for over a year that the Cardinals do not know how to evaluate and/or develop outfielders. This article confirms it.”

”The Cardinals ALWAYS lose a bidding war. FA's unless they over spend on the Brett Cecils of the world or Dexter Fowler's of the world or overpaying for their own like Carpenter. The Cardinals always pick the wrong player to go for. Or trade. Keep the Baders of the world too.”

Yeah, but are they wrong? Article does seem to confirm those statements.

Comment

Originally posted by vegandork View Post

Yeah, but are they wrong? Article does seem to confirm those statements.
          Paul Goldschmidt says hello.
          (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

There are only two fan bases that can never whine that their team is cheap. Red Sox and Yankees. When I was living in Minnesota in the 80's you'd think the team was on Food Stamps if you listened to their fans.

Comment

Working...
            X