Trade Deadline ranting hijack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Deadline ranting hijack

All those saying they are glad we didn’t make any depth trades... still feel this way? Between bad in game management and lineups and lack of depth, we are going to waste what could have been a really good year!

Originally posted by Domeshot17 View Post
    All those saying they are glad we didn’t make any depth trades... still feel this way? Between bad in game management and lineups and lack of depth, we are going to waste what could have been a really good year!
    We're ahead of schedule anyway. I'd rather save those moves for a full season.

Comment

Would replacing Renteria be considered a depth trade? Because that’s a lot of what’s wrong with the lineups, and all of what’s wrong with the in-game management.

Comment

Mike Clevinger wasn’t getting dealt here. I guess Starling Marte could have been brought in, but no other difference-makers got dealt.

Comment

Originally posted by A. Cavatica View Post

There weren’t many pitches that went where they were supposed to go. He was on the ropes early.
          Dude pitched like **** in “the biggest start of his White Sox career.”

He sucks. No reason to defend the indefensible.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

We're ahead of schedule anyway. I'd rather save those moves for a full season.
            Schedule schmedule. That’s defeatist thinking when you have damn near the best collection of position players in the majors.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohoney View Post

Schedule schmedule. That’s defeatist thinking when you have damn near the best collection of position players in the majors.
              Who could we possibly have flipped that isn't projected to have a long-term impact on our future? Right now, almost every young player in our system is in play, and I doubt any fringe prospects would have gotten back any real help.

Comment

I would have liked to add another starter or two for the stretch run. Various reports have Texas asking for a package headlined by Cristian Pache or Drew Waters from Atanta for Lance Lynn. Don't have any mention of what players were involved from the Dodgers.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

Who could we possibly have flipped that isn't projected to have a long-term impact on our future? Right now, almost every young player in our system is in play, and I doubt any fringe prospects would have gotten back any real help.
                  There wasn’t a trade out there, but the mindset of “being ahead of schedule” is deeply flawed. The work needed to be done during the incomplete offseason, and it wasn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by jcw218 View Post
                    I would have liked to add another starter or two for the stretch run. Various reports have Texas asking for a package headlined by Cristian Pache or Drew Waters from Atanta for Lance Lynn. Don't have any mention of what players were involved from the Dodgers.
                    Texas overplayed their hand and asked for too much. No way Atlanta would give up Pache, their CF of the future — any more than we’d give up Vaughn or Kopech.

Comment

I think people severely underestimate how much a guy like Mike Minor or Taijuan Walker could have made. Just a steady back end guy that would keep the bullpen from being over worked.

Comment

I think people severely underestimate how much a guy like Mike Minor or Taijuan Walker could have made. Just a steady back end guy that would keep the bullpen from being over worked.
                        The team needs a TOR guy to pair with Giolito.

Comment

Dallas has been a fine 2.

Comment

Dallas has been a fine 2.
                            He would be a lot better as a 3 or even a 4 in a playoff series. We still haven’t seen any of those “sinkerballer whose sinker isn’t sinking” games from him yet this season.

Comment

Can't trade to correct the in-game management. The Sox are not ahead of schedule by any measure; but the pro scouting still leaves a lot to be desired, so it's questionable whether a trade would have = improvement anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X