Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying the people sitting behind home plate

https://i.imgur.com/7uMnjAa.png

The same cardboard fans sit in the same seats for every Sox home game, at least behind home plate. How many of these can identify?

I can only ID Jim Thome. The guy next to Jim Thome is presumably whoever his cohost is on the TV show that Jim Thome works on now.

Who are the two people in the very front now: the guy in the red White Sox hat and the hatless, slumped over man next to him?

Am I seeing things, or are Eminem and the lady from Tiger King also in the crowd?
    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
    -- Thucydides

Where is the M&M Jacket guy???

Comment

AJ is in the 3rd row, looking down the right-field line for some reason instead of watching the action on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
        AJ is in the 3rd row, looking down the right-field line for some reason instead of watching the action on the field.
        He says he's staring into the visitor's dugout

Comment

That's Dan Plesac sitting next to Thome, and the M&M guy is a bit further down the line.

I think the Sox have done a better job of these cutouts than any others I have seen, and in spite of my initial eyeroll I find that they really have a positive effect. It was great the Dane Dunning's family were there for his debut and Dan Plesac for his nephew's.
          Last edited by FourGoldGloves; 09-01-2020, 02:30 PM.

Four Sox Gold Gloves in 1960.
          One position player Gold Glove in the last 21 years.

Comment

At the very beginning of the season, there was a woman who looked like Aidy Bryant (albeit out of focus) in the front row behind the lefthanded batter’s box. She disappeared after the first homestand. I have no idea if it was really Aidy Bryant and why she would be in the stands at a Sox game.

Comment

Originally posted by A. Cavatica View Post
              At the very beginning of the season, there was a woman who looked like Aidy Bryant (albeit out of focus) in the front row behind the lefthanded batter’s box. She disappeared after the first homestand. I have no idea if it was really Aidy Bryant and why she would be in the stands at a Sox game.
              Columbia College grad.

Comment

The long haired woman behind home plate looks like Janis Joplin.

Comment

I was surprised and disappointed to find out that they apparently put a cap on how many cutouts there would be. When My wife saw them, she wanted me to get one. So I went online to see how to do it, and it said "sold out."

Comment

Isn't that Paciorek first row, left picture? It looks like him to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nellie Fox View Post
                      I was surprised and disappointed to find out that they apparently put a cap on how many cutouts there would be. When My wife saw them, she wanted me to get one. So I went online to see how to do it, and it said "sold out."
                      White Sox announced that additional cutouts would be made available to the general public.

Here's a link to the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Nellie Fox View Post
                        Snarky Cub fans (I know, redundant) would say any more cutouts and it would be unrealistic because the Sox never see more than a dozen or fans, even on a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
                          Snarky Cub fans (I know, redundant) would say any more cutouts and it would be unrealistic because the Sox never see more than a dozen or fans, even on a good day.
                          We don’t need to take any crap from their fans for the rest of our lives. That team had its lucky moment for the century. Plus I think we’ll outdraw them next season.

Comment

There was a tweet from some local reporter saying that while only 10,000 cardboard cutouts attended Giolito's no-hitter, years from now every cardboard cutout in Chicago is going to claim that they were there.

I do think it looks bad for the Sox specifically to have so few cardboard fans at the game, just because they have a reputation for low attendance. I'm glad they're adding more.
                            "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                            -- Thucydides

Comment

Here’s a straw man proposal: what if they put scarecrows in the seats?

Comment

Working...
                              X