*Official* 8/31 Alone at the Top Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 8/31 Alone at the Top Postgamer

As Stoney said, this is a win that can, and probably will, define this season. These guys are on their way up, and they appear to have no intention of coming back down. This is freaking amazing, and I'm so happy that it's fun to be a White Sox fan once again.

Hats off to Jace Fry and Nomar Mazara -- two unlikely heroes tonight. I was begging Ricky to put up Grandal for Mazara in the top of the 9th and then go with Dyson in RF for the bottom of the 9th. Man, was I wrong.

2020 Sox Attendance Tracker: 0-0
    All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 286-247
    Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
      Hats off to Jace Fry and Nomar Mazara -- two unlikely heroes tonight. I was begging Ricky to put up Grandal for Mazara in the top of the 9th and then go with Dyson in RF for the bottom of the 9th. Man, was I wrong.
      Yeah nice to see Nomar make solid contact, pull the ball and have success. I'm not sure Engel makes that catch in the 9th. Nomar's height played a key role in coming down with it. Plus he probably was playing a lot deeper than Engel would have been.

I am absolutely LOVING the 2020 White Sox....

Oh and one more thing... Luis Robert is SO strong!

"First place dubs for ALL my friends!"
      Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

This is the type of games winning teams win. I think Robert is starting to figure out how pitchers are pitching him. As for Mazara, very good game. I think he gets a bad rap for his defense, suffering in comparison to Engel. Mazara provides average defense, which is fine when he is hitting like he is capable of. Honorable mention to Giolito for regaining composure and keeping us within striking distance. Nice to win the ace’s game when he doesn’t quite have it. Let’s do it some more!
        (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

How into and hyped this team is with every game is something to behold.

Comment

Originally posted by Krs1 View Post
            How into and hyped this team is with every game is something to behold.
            It’s why I love young teams. Enjoy it now, ‘cause it doesn’t last. (Except for Abreu - he looks like a kid out there.)

Comment

The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

...I'm not sure Engel makes that catch in the 9th...
                Apologies to voodoo - I'm pulling your quote out of context, and your rationale is certainly sound - but I had to laugh, because someone made the same comment, word-for-word, in reverse after Engel caught the liner to end Giolito's no-no!
                Last edited by SOX ADDICT '73; 08-31-2020, 11:44 PM.
                My man Vincent says:

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"

Comment

Originally posted by kickingtelevision View Post
                  I have so missed seeing this...
                  My man Vincent says:

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"

Comment

Originally posted by kickingtelevision View Post
                    Nicely done.
                    (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by SOX ADDICT '73 View Post

Apologies to voodoo - I'm pulling your quote out of context, and your rationale is certainly sound - but I had to laugh, because someone made the same comment, word-for-word, in reverse after Engel caught the liner to end Giolito's no-no!
                      Which is exactly why I said it. Not that I disagree with the no-no ending, just thought it was a funny way to flip the script.
                      Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Big win. Winning games we shouldn't with the way we started. Winning Ugly. YES.

Comment

If you wanna beat this Sox team, you have to beat them all 9 innings. I love it.

The 2006-2019 Sox would give up after that 2nd inning and lose 7-0.
                          "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                          -- Thucydides

Comment

Madrigal's error was the only one of the unreal inning that meant anything, but he did square one up for the last out of the 9th inning. So he can drive the ball as well as hit singles. Colome had his typical inning. The guy can't do anything without making it interesting.
                            Best reason Rick Hahn should be out of work? Statistics.

Comment

I almost took a screenshot on my phone when MLB.tv showed Madrigal as having a batting average of .429 with a slugging percentage of .429 as well. You don't see that kind of a stat line everyday. He is OPSing over .800 without a single extra base hit.
                              "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                              -- Thucydides

Comment

Working...
                              X