Leader board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leader board

I’ll start this thread to discuss Sox players’ quests to lead the AL/MLB in statistical categories.

TA has taken over the AL lead from Kyle Lewis for batting average! Though LeMahieu is only a few PAs from re-qualifying.

Abreu has fallen one behind Nelson Cruz in home runs (and is tied for second place with others). He’s two off the league lead in RBI.

Well while we're at it, the Sox as a team lead the majors in OPS, BA and SLG. That team which must not be named from Southern California with HE who must not be named (both of them) is second in all three categories.

Edit: Oh and just for the sake of OMG WHAT?!?!?!? The Sox TEAM slg is .492...
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

After tonight, Anderson is at .353 and LeMahieu is at .355. LeMahieu is very close to the minimum number of plate appearances to qualify. Looks like the rematch is on.

Comment

Bumping this to comment on Abreu's production. In 1945, in a 149 game season, second baseman Roy Schalk led the team with 65 RBI. Outfielder Johnny Dickshot led the team in homers with 4. I'm not sure how to search for the lowest full-season team-leading totals in history, but these must be close.

Comment

Originally posted by A. Cavatica View Post
          Bumping this to comment on Abreu's production. In 1945, in a 149 game season, second baseman Roy Schalk led the team with 65 RBI. Outfielder Johnny Dickshot led the team in homers with 4. I'm not sure how to search for the lowest full-season team-leading totals in history, but these must be close.
          Some people are very lucky they were around before the Internet, social media and memes were in existance.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
            Some people are very lucky they were around before the Internet, social media and memes were in existance.
            No kidding. He’d have been roasted for those four home runs. 😝

But I did want to point out that Abreu’s production in 60 games was as good as some erstwhile team leaders’ full season production.
            Last edited by A. Cavatica; Yesterday, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X