*Official* 9/15 Power Gets the Guardians Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 9/15 Power Gets the Guardians Postgamer

Good day to get a win. Let us move forward in this pennant race.

After yesterday I was really down, but all of those home runs made me giddy .. sure was fun . let's sweep the tigers !!!​

Comment

Nice to see the bats come alive, but it would do my blood pressure a lot of good if Katz emphasized throwing strike one with a six run lead. We're lucky the Guardians are so ****ing stupid as to swing at pitches that were never in the strike zone down by six.

Comment

Good to see they haven’t given up, we need to sweep Detroit and hopefully the Twins can win a game or 2 against the Guards.
        Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Hit ball far; win games.

Comment

I was running errands today, and heard bits and pieces on the radio. I heard when Cleveland hit the two doubles for their first run, and then Moncada's HR in the 4th.

When I turned it on next it was 7-1 Sox. Much happiness in our vehicle ensued.

I missed the 8th run since we were unloading groceries, but saw the replays on the Sox MLB site. Good stuff!

Comment

Lots of fun today. Good to get that makeup game in the W column. Guardians seem to view the Twinkies as the bigger threat. Sox need to disabuse them of that notion and today they made it clear they were not a team to be trifled with.

Great focus and intensity all the way around.

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Moncada continues to rake in September. Good to see him getting back on track.
                Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                  Moncada continues to rake in September. Good to see him getting back on track.
                  For the last 30 days, .277BA and .855 OPS. I'll take that.

Comment

Nice victory in a must-win game. Sox were very hitterish against a hard throwing but inexperienced starter. They took advantage of the situation and jumped all over his pitches in the zone.

Cleveland must now face the Twins in a 5-game series over the weekend. Sox must concentrate on winning at least two if not three in Detroit.

Lynn struggled early but got out of a few jams and settled down. He's among the best pitchers in baseball over the last month.

Three back as we head into the home stretch. Just keep winning baby and things will fall into place.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                      Lots of fun today. Good to get that makeup game in the W column. Guardians seem to view the Twinkies as the bigger threat. Sox need to disabuse them of that notion and today they made it clear they were not a team to be trifled with.

Great focus and intensity all the way around.

I would be beyond pissed if the Sox called up a scrub pitcher in a late September pennant race and essentially gave the game away. Hope it comes back to bite them in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

For the last 30 days, .277BA and .855 OPS. I'll take that.
                        Elvis must be feeding him some peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I’m glad he’s gotten going. We need him ripping down the stretch.

BK59

Comment

Watching the highlights (lowlights for the Guardians of the Galaxy pitcher), a song by the Five Man Electrical Band got stuck in my head. Maybe the Sox hitters were singing it to him:
                          "...long-haired freaky people need not apply"

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post

I would be beyond pissed if the Sox called up a scrub pitcher in a late September pennant race and essentially gave the game away. Hope it comes back to bite them in the ass.
                            For starters, Francona is smarter at baseball than we are and I have to assume he's lining up his rotation. Still...
                            Ah, you can't beat fun at the old ball park.

Comment

The Tony LaRussa managed Sox would follow this game up by losing 2 of 3 to the Tigers. Let's see what the Miggy Sox can do.
                              "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                              -- Thucydides

Comment

Working...
                              X