*Official* 9/7 Miguel Makes the Mariners Move Over Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 9/7 Miguel Makes the Mariners Move Over Postgamer

Easily one of the biggest wins of the season. If the Sox win the division, this game will be a major reason why.

Eloy demonstrates that extra base hits with runners on base makes a big difference.

Comment

What a great comeback win . the kind that makes you believe again . hope things go well in Oakland.

Comment

Great come from behind victory after a horrible start with 7 straight Ks.
        That's 3 straight series wins in a row, keep doing that and we should be right there at the end. We need to take 3 in Oakland, a sweep would be great. Twins lost to the Bombers, c'mon Royals, beat the Guards tonight and hope the Yankees win the nightcap.
        I've been critical of Eloy in the past but he would be dynamite if he just could stay healthy.
        Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 09-08-2022, 05:10 AM.
        Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
          That 3 straight series wins in a row, keep doing that and we should be right their at the end. We need to take 3 in Oakland, a sweep would be great. Twins lost to the Bombers, we're tied with them again for 2nd place, c'mon Royals, beat the Guards tonight and hope the Yankees win the nightcap.
          I've been critical of Eloy in the past but he would be dynamite if he just could stay healthy.
          I think Eloy's hit against the shift late in the game was one of his best pieces of hitting in his career. Also, how about Elvis' play at short after the ball got past Yoan? Wow...Just a great win and a series win vs. the hottest team in baseball coming into the series. Please don't stop...no steps backwards....

Comment

That looked like it was going to be really ugly, given the start. 7 straight K's, falling behind 4-0.

A big play that was not mentioned already was Abreu legging it out on what would have an inning ending DP in the fourth (originally called out, overturned on review). He's out and Eloy doesn't come up until the fifth with the bases empty. Even if he hits one out, it's 4-1. Castillo has to pitch to Eloy in the fourth, he takes the first pitch over the wall in left, and now it's 4-2. Castillo also has to throw 2 more pitches to get Sheets out.

While Elvis's defense was great, his bunt in the sixth was beautiful, especially on the heels of Zavala reaching on Suarez's error. Puts 2 on with none out, and even though Moncada couldn't move them over, Abreu singles to make it 4-3, Eloy doubles to tie it, Sheets hit a sac fly, and Vaughn doubles to make it 6-4 and finally chase Castillo.

Good to see us take advantage of someone else's mistakes, especially in the ninth when Flexen decided to be Mitch Trubisky and throw 10 yards over everyone.

Got to win series at this point. All that matters. As Little Nell said, we really need at least 3 of 4 in Oakland, while at the same time Cleveland is up in Minnesota dropping 2 of 3.
            I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

This whole series was 3 of the 42. Nice to get 2 of them. Still need to keep it rolling, but for the moment there are signs of life.

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Great win. Team showed a lot of heart and fight coming back from a four run deficit. How about Velazquez in the bottom of the 8th? Shocking. And great to see Liam have a clean 9th. On to Oakland to hopefully exorcise more demons. .
                Last edited by Chez; 09-07-2022, 08:25 PM.

2022 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-6
                All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 308-259
                Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

It’s nice to see the Sox beat a good pitcher and win a series against a decent team.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
                    That 3 straight series wins in a row, keep doing that and we should be right their at the end. We need to take 3 in Oakland, a sweep would be great. Twins lost to the Bombers, c'mon Royals, beat the Guards tonight and hope the Yankees win the nightcap.
                    Musta put something in the Gatorade today cause after it passed into the bloodstream ,these guys woke up and looked like a damn good baseball team.

Nothing like great fielding, timely hitting and shut them down pitching that warms the cockles of the heart.

Now on to Oakland and hopefully exorcise a lot of ghosts past and take 3 of 4 or sweep the damn Elephants.

BK59

Comment

I'm glad to see them pull out the win. I was in and out today, saw the opening 7 strikeouts and the M's four runs. Went out, on the way home heard the score 6-5 Sox. By the time I got home, it was tied at 6-6.

Andrus is a keeper, one way or another. That is all. Is Kopech injured, or was it a precaution? Nothing on the Sox site. Hopefully it was just a precaution.

On to Oakland!

Comment

Royals just walked off Cleveland with 2 runs in the 9th. Yankees got the sweep too.
                        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                          Royals just walked off Cleveland with 2 runs in the 9th. Yankees got the sweep too.
                          A nite with nothing but good news. I’ll take that and a Hot Beef sandwich and a beer.

Comment

I only caught bits and pieces of this game, but it looked like a good one. It's been few and far between where the offense actually picks up the pitching, but that's what happened tonight.

Getting a series win on the road against maybe the hottest team in baseball is damn impressive.

Sox now tied with the Twins, 2 GB of Cleveland. Hopefully they can take advantage of facing the team with the worst record in the AL.

Comment

Originally posted by WSox597 View Post
                              Is Kopech injured, or was it a precaution? Nothing on the Sox site. Hopefully it was just a precaution.
                              It was neither. His pitch count was getting up there, considering it was his first start off the IL, and he was in a jam, so they took him out. No injury concerns whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                              X