Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*OFFICIAL* 8-29 Bullpen Blowup KC 9 SOX 6 Postgamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *OFFICIAL* 8-29 Bullpen Blowup KC 9 SOX 6 Postgamer

    Well, let’s win the series tomorrow.

  • #2
    Tomorrow's game is really important. Want to go into that Minnesota series close with them so if disaster happens it doesn't dig an insurmountable hole.

    Comment


    • #3
      Wasn't expecting that, win tomorrow, don't need any losing streaks at this stage.
      Batting in the second position for the White Sox, number 2, the second baseman Nelson Fox.

      Comment


      • #4
        Burdi and Detwiler both didn’t have it today. Pretty easy to just cast this one aside.

        I think Renteria started to reveal some of his bullpen plan for the postseason.

        Cordero is the guy who puts out the fire if a starter fatigues and leaves the game with runners on base.

        Detwiler is the guy who will get extended late-inning work when the other team has a lead, hopefully cherry-picking a few wins on the heels of 8th-or-9th-inning comebacks.

        Burdi, Heuer, and Foster are all still jockeying for position against one another over the next month. Fry takes these innings as well when matchups dictate it.

        Marshall is the primary RH setup until proven otherwise.

        Bummer is the primary LH setup guy when he returns.

        Colomé closes.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mohoney View Post
          Burdi and Detwiler both didn’t have it today. Pretty easy to just cast this one aside.

          I think Renteria started to reveal some of his bullpen plan for the postseason.

          Cordero is the guy who puts out the fire if a starter fatigues and leaves the game with runners on base.

          Detwiler is the guy who will get extended late-inning work when the other team has a lead, hopefully cherry-picking a few wins on the heels of 8th-or-9th-inning comebacks.

          Burdi, Heuer, and Foster are all still jockeying for position against one another over the next month. Fry takes these innings as well when matchups dictate it.

          Marshall is the primary RH setup until proven otherwise.

          Bummer is the primary LH setup guy when he returns.

          Colomé closes.
          Yesterday they actually used Marshall to put out the fire and then Cordero as the setup man.
          Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



          Comment


          • #6
            You can't win 'em all. I understand.That 3 run HR by Maikel Franco iced the game for the Royals,IMO. Go get 'em tomorrow. Anxious to see how Dane Dunning fares in his next start.

            Comment


            • #7
              Friday was Foster's day to prove that he was human, all too human. Saturday was Burdi's day. Hopefully this is just a temporary slip for both of them. The Sox are very reliant on their young bullpen arms.
              "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
              -- Thucydides

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
                Friday was Foster's day to prove that he was human, all too human. Saturday was Burdi's day. Hopefully this is just a temporary slip for both of them. The Sox are very reliant on their young bullpen arms.
                Agree. Any word on Bummer's status? I've got a sinking feeling we may not see him back until 2021.

                2020 Sox Attendance Tracker: 0-0
                All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 286-247
                Posts on old WSI: 7344

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Chez View Post

                  Agree. Any word on Bummer's status? I've got a sinking feeling we may not see him back until 2021.
                  They said he’s playing catch now in Schaumburg but I haven’t heard a timetable. Also Rodon was supposed to have 60 pitches in a simulated game at some point this weekend, fwiw.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
                    Friday was Foster's day to prove that he was human, all too human. Saturday was Burdi's day. Hopefully this is just a temporary slip for both of them. The Sox are very reliant on their young bullpen arms.
                    That's how I feel about the bullpen meltdown. Hopefully it was just "one of those days" for Burdi because he's got loads of talent and had looked good so far this year prior to yesterday. The most frustrating part of yesterday's loss to me was Cease's performance. I know he's still essentially a rookie (only his 21st MLB start), but it's so frustrating to see him struggle with his command and only last 4 1/3. He leads the league in walks right now.

                    On the other hand, it was nice to see Madrigal go 2 for 4 after being out of action for 3 and a half weeks. The only huge disappointment in the starting lineup right now is Mazara. Only 3 xbh in 62 at bats with a .588 OPS. Woof.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X