*Official* 9/3 SO CLOSE, DYLAN Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 9/3 SO CLOSE, DYLAN Postgamer

Really wish the no-hitter happened, but at least we've tightened the noose in the AL Central further.

Really shouldn't have given him anything to hit. I know Dylan is competitive and wanted to get him out, but Arraez isn't leading the AL in hitting for nothing.

Some big offense early made the no-no the only interesting topic left.

Hopefully Gio gets some inspiration from that performance and shuts them down tomorrow to get the sweep. Every W is huge, especially with Cleveland struggling right now.
    I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Great game by Dylan . the Sox are fun to watch again . have to find a way to win tomorrow, before playing the Mariners, who will be really tough.

Comment

For the moment it sucks but we don’t have to worry about a no no hangover tomorrow now

Comment

Originally posted by Zakath View Post
          Really shouldn't have given him anything to hit. I know Dylan is competitive and wanted to get him out, but Arraez isn't leading the AL in hitting for nothing.

Some big offense early made the no-no the only interesting topic left.

Hopefully Gio gets some inspiration from that performance and shuts them down tomorrow to get the sweep. Every W is huge, especially with Cleveland struggling right now.
          He just made a mistake, hung the slider. Seby wanted it down.
          Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
            He just made a mistake, hung the slider. Seby wanted it down.
            Nothing should have been over the plate. If Arraez wanted to chase some inside or outside stuff, fine. AJ was right to suggest a pitch-around.

Comment

I feel so sorry for Cease, especially when you also consider he was snubbed for the ASG. Regardless, he did great once again.

Comment

That was one of the games that held your interest the whole game. Usually, with the way the year has been going, I've wandered in and out of the living room. Not tonight, it was very exciting to watch.

Comment

I thought for sure he was going to get it since the couple sitting next to me left in the 7th inning because of, and I quote, "an early tee time tomorrow." So much for having karma on our side.

I wonder if sending Gordon out to pitch the 8th was a bit of gamesmanship by Baldelli. The more hits/walks the White Sox got, the longer Cease is sitting there with the pressure building.

Comment

Originally posted by notjimrose View Post
                    I thought for sure he was going to get it since the couple sitting next to me left in the 7th inning because of, and I quote, "an early tee time tomorrow." So much for having karma on our side.

I wonder if sending Gordon out to pitch the 8th was a bit of gamesmanship by Baldelli. The more hits/walks the White Sox got, the longer Cease is sitting there with the pressure building.
                    Yeah that pissed me off, but he did fine with the first two guys just made a mistake to a dangerous hitter. I don't think the rest impacted him, he just hung one.

Cleveland lost so the Sox are back to 2 out and over .500. I can never truly be "out" with the Sox, but I'm definitely feeling a vortex tickling my tootsies...
                    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

My word, that was such an enjoyable game to watch in a season of some real stinkers. Dylan came so close, but as others have said, he threw ​​​​​​the one pitch in the wrong spot at the wrong time. As far as knocking the ball around, sweet Jesus these guys are finally living up to the smash ball that was barked at us at the beginning of the season.

Well, we’re in this thing and it’s ours to lose. We need a nice 10-15 game winning streak to was away the stench of .500 and put some space between us and Minnesota and Cleveland.

BK59

Comment

Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post
                        My word, that was such an enjoyable game to watch in a season of some real stinkers. Dylan came so close, but as others have said, he threw ​​​​​​the one pitch in the wrong spot at the wrong time. As far as knocking the ball around, sweet Jesus these guys are finally living up to the smash ball that was barked at us at the beginning of the season.

Well, we’re in this thing and it’s ours to lose. We need a nice 10-15 game winning streak to was away the stench of .500 and put some space between us and Minnesota and Cleveland.

BK59
                        That would be a nice winning streak but even better is to just win every series the rest of the way with maybe sweeping the Tigers at home, that should be enough to win the Central. We need to win today and win the Seattle series and I'll probably start to believe again.
                        Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

That would be a nice winning streak but even better is to just win every series the rest of the way with maybe sweeping the Tigers at home, that should be enough to win the Central. We need to win today and win the Seattle series and I'll probably start to believe again.
                          For me it's always been more about the mediocrity of Cleveland and Minnesota than about the failure of the Sox to take off. It's why I've never stopped believing the Sox would win the Central. Cleveland and Minnesota are not good. And now both teams are fighting the same injury bug that has plagued the Sox all season.

2022 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-6
                          All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 308-259
                          Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

With 2 games back…that dropped ball in Baltimore and getting swept at home by the lowly Dbacks really hurts. That’s the difference rite there.

Comment

Originally posted by EstreetSox View Post
                              With 2 games back…that dropped ball in Baltimore and getting swept at home by the lowly Dbacks really hurts. That’s the difference rite there.
                              Playing like crap at home has been a big difference, as well as stacking the RISP up like cordwood never to be burned like a homecoming bonfire.

Yes, we are at that point where certain specific what ifs that could have made the difference in being 5 up instead of 2 back. I’m in to the end as I’m always and I hope they pleasantly surprise me with a competitive post season once they get there. The Yankees and Dodgers look to be post season darlings and the Media will eat that **** up like Grandma’s Apple Pie, but it would be nice to see the Sox play giant killer if by chance they get that far. Hey, I’m a Sox fan, I can dream..Could turn out to be a nightmare (have had my share of those),but it could turn out sunshine and rainbows.

BK59

Comment

Working...
                              X