*Official* 9/2 Get (a) Hit, Get a Win Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 9/2 Get (a) Hit, Get a Win Postgamer

Can't remember many games that ended odder than that. Only three games out of first. DSNB.

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
    DSNB.
    ???

Comment

Don't Stop Now Boys

Comment

Originally posted by jcw218 View Post
        Don't Stop Now Boys
        Thank you.

Comment

Comment

Miguel Cairo won me over tonight.
            The team seems to be playing with a different attitude.

Comment

Showed some guts tonight, clawing back after Kelly's clown show. Lance leading the charge after Vaughn got hit was nice. See if they can ride this while Cleveland is in the doldrums and losing starters.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
                Miguel Cairo won me over tonight.
                The team seems to be playing with a different attitude.
                I liked the move to go to Hendriks in the 9th. I also liked the decision to go with an opener, but did it have to be Kelly?

Comment

Weird ending and honestly the bench emptying felt contrived. No chance Lopez was throwing at Vaughn with men on 1st and 2nd in a tie game with one out in the 9th. I mean seriously? I have little doubt Lynn saw a chance to try and get things fired up and took it. Honestly too many of our guys have been getting drilled, but this one was just a fluke.

Still... thanks goodness the Guardians and Twinkies suck so bad. .500 and 3 games out with lots of games still to play in the division. 1 of the make or break 10 down, 9 to go...

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Weirdest Sox win I have ever attended, but we'll take it. No time to give up on this team — with all the injuries and other crap that has happened they can still win this division. One game at a time.

By the way, the Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers.
                    Last edited by FielderJones; 09-02-2022, 10:51 PM.

Comment

The Big Run Producer is one lucky duck that his DP ball was deflected. We all are. Quack, quack. The guy has the hollowest set of statistics I've ever seen. It would take a lot of guts to let him walk so I guess we'll see him again next season.
                      Ah, you can't beat fun at the old ball park.

Comment

Originally posted by Nellie Fox View Post

Thank you.
                        You're welcome

Comment

At least The Big Run Producer was busting it down to first as best he could. It wasn't simply luck that the deflection took place. It was baseball. Winning baseball games are not the result of stats or what should have happened. A less talented team winning a game is an everyday occurrence even at the very highest level.

This is the first sign I've seen this year of this team looking like a real team and the whole being greater than the sum of the parts. I'd be willing to bet that the addition of Andrus is no small factor. The subtraction of LaRussa also seems to me to have changed the atmosphere. That could be for a couple of reasons but the change is at least for the moment is palpable. I hope it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by berwyn View Post
                            The Big Run Producer is one lucky duck that his DP ball was deflected. We all are. Quack, quack. The guy has the hollowest set of statistics I've ever seen. It would take a lot of guts to let him walk so I guess we'll see him again next season.
                            A big win is just an excuse for you to crap on Abreu for the umpteenth time. Nice.

Comment

Although i'm not getting my hopes up again, a win is a win, and i'm just glad that they look like they are having more fun, and well, it's baseball, and everything is better when there is baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X