Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official* 8/27 Back Under Water Post-Gamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *Official* 8/27 Back Under Water Post-Gamer

    ___

  • #2
    The view from tonight's game:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FbNxG1mXEAMTim5.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	69902
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #3
      It was over when HOF baseball man (and batting coach) didn’t step down / get fired at the same time the Phillies provided cover by firing Giardi. Look at the instant turn around that the Phillies made. Yes, there has been a massive amount of significant injuries. And the Sox were cursed with awful weather the first month. But up until Engel’s dropped ball the other night in Baltimore the season was salvageable. Outside of Grandal, Kelly, Garcia, Giolito, Lynn, and Moconda’s 0.200 batting average; the Sox are pretty comparable to the Guardian’s and Twins IMO. Tallest hobbit in an average division.

      TLR gets double points for forcing the front office to spend big bucks on Kelly who they knew at the time of signing wouldn’t be ready for start of the season. That is crazy that they gave him all that money.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by EstreetSox View Post
        Outside of Grandal, Kelly, Garcia, Giolito, Lynn, and Moconda’s [sic] 0.200 batting average; the Sox are pretty comparable to the Guardian’s and Twins IMO.
        So, outside of six players (three of whom play nearly every day, and two of whom are starting pitchers) they're "comparable" to Minnesota and Cleveland? Seems like "damning with faint praise" to me.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by notjimrose View Post
          The view from tonight's game:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	FbNxG1mXEAMTim5.jpg Views:	36 Size:	288.4 KB ID:	69902
          Apparently, security confiscated that sign later. What a trash organization this is. If that happened for any reason other than the sign was too big, it's a joke. We all need to stop going to games, or if we must go, bring messages like that. I hope attendance drops to A's/Rays levels next year.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

            Apparently, security confiscated that sign later. What a trash organization this is. If that happened for any reason other than the sign was too big, it's a joke. We all need to stop going to games, or if we must go, bring messages like that. I hope attendance drops to A's/Rays levels next year.
            Would you like to be sitting behind that sign?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

              Apparently, security confiscated that sign later. What a trash organization this is. If that happened for any reason other than the sign was too big, it's a joke. We all need to stop going to games, or if we must go, bring messages like that. I hope attendance drops to A's/Rays levels next year.
              Personally, I hope the team bounces back and all the players stay healthier and get back to the form we hope/expect for from them and then they stomp their way into the playoffs and make this year a bad dream...
              Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



              Comment


              • #8
                Minnesota and Cleveland both won.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

                  Personally, I hope the team bounces back and all the players stay healthier and get back to the form we hope/expect for from them and then they stomp their way into the playoffs and make this year a bad dream...
                  I always want the team to do well but the current cast of characters isn't hacking it, healthy or not, changes need to be made of course starting with the manager.
                  Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Losers of 8 of 10 at a time they needed to win 8 of 10 to get in good position for the head to head match ups with Twins and Guardians. As Dr. McCoy would say, “it’s dead Jim.”

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Injuries have been blamed on the team’s poor performance but even when players were not injured they did not produce. I have not seen any of the so called star players being held accountable for their play. Last night Jimenez antics in his last at bat is a microcosm of what has been happening all year. He is the tieing run and after he hits the long fly ball he causally strolls to first with bat in hand as he watches the ball. Not a word is said about it by Larussa in the post game presser, of course the butt kissing media doesn’t ask about it and I bet he’ll be in lineup today. The Sox have the most revered manager in baseball who is not out there making a living, he’s out there only because he wants to be out there. And this is how he handled things all year long. Through out the many years I have posted here,I have never knocked a Sox manager because I never was convinced they were truly in charge, Larussa is in charge. Getting rid of Larussa is very easy but will there ever be another manager under this ownership that has the authority Larussa has? I doubt it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

                        Personally, I hope the team bounces back and all the players stay healthier and get back to the form we hope/expect for from them and then they stomp their way into the playoffs and make this year a bad dream...
                        This is how i feel also . i'm hoping this this year was just an aberration of bad luck, bad injuries, and players have the worst year of their careers . the only thing that i want, and want badly, is to never have to look at Tony LaRussa ever again, after this season.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Harwar View Post

                          the only thing that i want, and want badly, is to never have to look at Tony LaRussa ever again, after this season.
                          I firmly believe that the only way LaRussa goes is if he decides to. He won't be fired.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Nellie Fox View Post

                            I firmly believe that the only way LaRussa goes is if he decides to. He won't be fired.
                            I could see the team encouraging him to leave and quietly offering a buyout that allows him to save face but officially is a retirement. They have to be concerned about public perception of him appearing to doze off in the first inning of a game as well as other obvious issues including his hiring and backing of Menchino. JR may not want to do it, but I expect both KW and Hahn are ready to move on and will be telling JR as much in the coming months.
                            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

                              I could see the team encouraging him to leave and quietly offering a buyout that allows him to save face but officially is a retirement. They have to be concerned about public perception of him appearing to doze off in the first inning of a game as well as other obvious issues including his hiring and backing of Menchino. JR may not want to do it, but I expect both KW and Hahn are ready to move on and will be telling JR as much in the coming months.
                              Does anybody outside of the organization even know how many years are on his contract?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X