Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official* "What Can Be Said?" 8/26 Post-Gamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *Official* "What Can Be Said?" 8/26 Post-Gamer

    Even Cueto got in on the act.

  • #2
    "What can be said ? " Seems like WSI has given up saying anything, everyone has come to the same conclusion, the season is basically over.
    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
      "What can be said ? " Seems like WSI has given up saying anything, everyone has come to the same conclusion, the season is basically over.
      Can’t say we didn’t try. I can only watch paint dry for so long before my vision becomes a blurred mess and I start bumping into things and tripping over my bored to tears dog.

      BK59

      Comment


      • #4
        If we sink under .500, just put Moncada and Robert on the IL, keep Grandal on the IL, have Sheets (DH) and Vaughn (1B) start every day, and call up Colas and Yolbert Sanchez. Might as well get them their first taste of MLB pitching so they can spend the offseason making adjustments.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
          If we sink under .500, just put Moncada and Robert on the IL, keep Grandal on the IL, have Sheets (DH) and Vaughn (1B) start every day, and call up Colas and Yolbert Sanchez. Might as well get them their first taste of MLB pitching so they can spend the offseason making adjustments.
          You realize being under.500 could be today?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
            If we sink under .500, just put Moncada and Robert on the IL, keep Grandal on the IL, have Sheets (DH) and Vaughn (1B) start every day, and call up Colas and Yolbert Sanchez. Might as well get them their first taste of MLB pitching so they can spend the offseason making adjustments.
            The season is over, just shut down fragile Robert, Moncada and Eloy, let them heal and come back strong next season and tell them to lay off the weights, work on their stretching and agility.
            Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 08-27-2022, 10:36 AM.
            Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

              The season is over, just shut down fragile Robert, Moncada and Eloy, let them heal and come back strong next season and tell them to lay off the weights, work on their stretching and agility.
              Once upon a time 4 games out in August used to elicit a Woo Hoo we gotta chance mentality. Not so much this season. This forever will be ingrained in my mind as the Season of the Walking Wounded. Those 3 guys were supposed to pick up the slack for Jose and transition into the new power aspect of the organization. It’s amazing that with even Jose’s drop off in numbers we are a .500 team.


              BK59

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post

                Once upon a time 4 games out in August used to elicit a Woo Hoo we gotta chance mentality. Not so much this season. This forever will be ingrained in my mind as the Season of the Walking Wounded. Those 3 guys were supposed to pick up the slack for Jose and transition into the new power aspect of the organization. It’s amazing that with even Jose’s drop off in numbers we are a .500 team.


                BK59
                Yeah, it's tough to throw in the towel with only 4 games out but the last 2 nights told us a lot about this team. They might as well be 40 games out.
                Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

                  Yeah, it's tough to throw in the towel with only 4 games out but the last 2 nights told us a lot about this team. They might as well be 40 games out.
                  I was going to post that as well but didn’t want to kick any more sand on their fragile physique’s.

                  BK59

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
                    If we sink under .500, just put Moncada and Robert on the IL, keep Grandal on the IL, have Sheets (DH) and Vaughn (1B) start every day, and call up Colas and Yolbert Sanchez. Might as well get them their first taste of MLB pitching so they can spend the offseason making adjustments.
                    Those guys would tear it up in the meaningless games, get contract extensions, and then suck for the next 4 years.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by shingo10 View Post

                      Those guys would tear it up in the meaningless games, get contract extensions, and then suck for the next 4 years.
                      I see you’ve been following our beloved Palehose for quite a few digits flying off the calendar.


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Back to where we've been for most of the last decade. There are some things they could do to get it fixed in a year or 2, but I doubt the same old crew is up to it. Blaming injuries and "unprecedented decline in performance" is easier. It's just sad.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Cuento finally had a bad outing. Prior to last night he's been nothing short of sensational. Cease has only had a few rough starts this season. Kopech has been up and down, now sidelined with a leg injury. Giolito and Lynn have both been, for the most part, disappointing.

                          Moncada now on the DL. Jimenez pulled up lame late in the game but remained in the lineup. I agree with Little Nell. These guys need to lay off the weight training and concentrate on agility drills.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by fungo bat View Post
                            Cuento finally had a bad outing. Prior to last night he's been nothing short of sensational. Cease has only had a few rough starts this season. Kopech has been up and down, now sidelined with a leg injury. Giolito and Lynn have both been, for the most part, disappointing.

                            Moncada now on the DL. Jimenez pulled up lame late in the game but remained in the lineup. I agree with Little Nell. These guys need to lay off the weight training and concentrate on agility drills.
                            Not sure what's up with Gio, but over his last 7 outings Lynn has pitched into at least the 6th each time while giving up a total of 13 ER and striking out 48. 8 of the ER came in two games where he gave up 4 each time. The rest he didn't give up more than 2. I think he just needed to work his way back into form and don't think he was 100% when he returned.
                            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X