• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Schedule

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/2023-mlb-schedule

So, we open with four in Houston, huh?

No rest for the weary.

San Fran comes here twice in April? Balanced?

Comment

It seems asinine that the Sox continually make their West Coast road trips in the middle of the summer, when Chicago weather is great.

And yet, many of the home games West Coast teams play in April are against other West Coast teams, or dome teams, or they visit domes.

It’s all so stupid. Does MLB like rainouts, and games played in freezing temperatures?

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
        It seems asinine that the Sox continually make their West Coast road trips in the middle of the summer, when Chicago weather is great.

And yet, many of the home games West Coast teams play in April are against other West Coast teams, or dome teams, or they visit domes.

It’s all so stupid. Does MLB like rainouts, and games played in freezing temperatures?
        They have to make sure the Cubbies get the parasol weather and the Sox the sleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post

All teams want as many home games as possible in late May to early September. No teams draw as well in April. So no team is going to agree to schedule a big chunk of their home games early in the year. Of course if MLB would get serious about revenue sharing that could be changed but that's a different thead...
          Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

A reminder that 2022 will mercifully end at some point and a new year is coming with new hope.
            "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
            -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
              A reminder that 2022 will mercifully end at some point and a new year is coming with new hope.
              Well that gives me the tingles... Homefish has hope ya'll. ..

Comment

June looks rough. Home for 3 against Detroit, off day, then 3 in NY, back home for 3, then day off and a week out west then back home for a week and then back out west for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

I do, unironically. This team is obviously done in 2022, but is too talented to give up on forever. I have hope that in 2023 they will have a bounce-back season and enough players will be good and healthy at the same time.
                  "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                  -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
                    So, we open with four in Houston, huh?

No rest for the weary.

San Fran comes here twice in April? Balanced?
                    Looks like the usual off day following the home opener (to account for weather) followed by the remainder of the series, not two separate trips.

Comment

All teams want as many home games as possible in late May to early September. No teams draw as well in April. So no team is going to agree to schedule a big chunk of their home games early in the year. Of course if MLB would get serious about revenue sharing that could be changed but that's a different thead...
                      I’m not asking warm weather teams to play more of their home games in the cold weather months.

I’m asking that the warm weather clubs, during April and May, should play their regular allotment of home games against cold weather city teams instead of other warm weather city teams.

For instance, instead of the Angels hosting the Athletics in April and the Sox in July, the Angels should host the Sox in April and host the Athletics in July.
                      Last edited by Frater Perdurabo; 08-24-2022, 06:20 PM.

Comment

😆😂🤣

Comment

Originally posted by notjimrose View Post

Looks like the usual off day following the home opener (to account for weather) followed by the remainder of the series, not two separate trips.
                          My bad. My eyes jumped to the series San Fran has in mid-April in Detroit (the next column over).

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post

I do, unironically. This team is obviously done in 2022, but is too talented to give up on forever. I have hope that in 2023 they will have a bounce-back season and enough players will be good and healthy at the same time.
                            I agree. Hopefully we get new on field management but best we can hope for is a bounce back season from the core. They aren't tearing it down and they shouldn't.

Comment

If you go to the White Sox website, they have the schedule up. For some reason, the road trip to Pittsburgh and Minny right after the opening series with San Fran has game times listed. Do those teams demand to know already what times their home games are next year?

Comment

Working...
                              X