*Official 8/22 Kansas City Special Postgame Thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official 8/22 Kansas City Special Postgame Thread*

I guess all is right with the world when the Sox are ****ting the bed in Kansas City. Unbelievable. Lost 4 out of 5 to the Royals the past couple weeks and now the season is on life support again. Not that this team could do anything in the Playoffs. What a mess.

7-9 against the Royals this year. Are we great yet?
    Last edited by thomas35forever; 08-22-2022, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
      I guess all is right with the world when the Sox are ****ting the bed in Kansas City. Unbelievable. Lost 4 out of 5 to the Royals the past couple weeks and now the season is on life support again. Not that this team could do anything in the Playoffs. What a mess.
      Another sucky outing in the sinkhole on I70. This crap is getting really old.

Comment

10 hits and 7 BB, and we get 4 runs.

11 LOB. Left the bases loaded in the 4th and the 5th, and 2 on in the 6th.

There's a reason we're 4th in MLB in BA, and 19th in runs scored. Clutch hitting has evaded us all season, with the exception of Moncada, who can only hit when there are RISP. We actually lead the majors in singles.

40 to go and we're 3 back. 20 home and 20 road If we lose the open day on 9/15 for the makeup game in Cleveland, we only have 4 off-days left (8/29, 9/12, 9/19, 9/26). Not Kopech's fault, but burning through 8 pitchers today with few off-days left isn't great.
        I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

I thought we would win it after coming back to tie it up but these are the 2022 White Sox, the team that never fails to disappoint.
          Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Sign a bunch of old, declining players and, surprise, surprise, they suck.

Comment

The Sox lead the American League in singles and grounding into double plays.

“Put the ball in play” they said; it would make the game “more entertaining” they said.

Losing isn’t entertaining.

Comment

Not sure there is still anyone who believes that this is a playoff caliber team . there's been bad luck and bad injuries, but what it comes down to, is that they just are not very good . oh well, what really sucks is that so much dead weight will be dragged along next year.

Comment

Mods I didn't realize the Pitching Mess thread was also for today...feel free to merge. Thanks.

Comment

The good folks at the Defector questioned LaRussa's decision to play fast and loose with Kopech's health this afternoon.

https://defector.com/nice-work-tony/

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
                      The Sox lead the American League in singles and grounding into double plays.

“Put the ball in play” they said; it would make the game “more entertaining” they said.

Losing isn’t entertaining.
                      I am so tired of you over-simplifying it. A big part of the problem is that they aren't aggressive on the bases. They don't steal. They don't move runners over. They don't play good defense.

But yeah, it's all because they don't hit enough fly balls. That would solve everything.
                      Last edited by Nellie Fox; 08-22-2022, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tragg View Post
                        For example?
                        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

For example?
                          He isn’t wrong… Kelly has been really bad, Grandal hasn’t hardly done anything useful all year, Harrison not good, Pollock(traded for) has been disappointing. They relied a lot on older guys and none are working out.

At the end of the day, another poorly managed game that cost us. If Kopech was hurt warming up don’t let him even start. Then you let a guy pitch in the 8th, with nothing behind him but your closer and a guy who historically struggles in high leverage situations, who hasn’t thrown in over a week and hasn’t been good. So there’s no parachute.

This just isn’t a good team. Eloy and Robert aren’t future MVPs like we hoped, The Bullpen is just okay, it isn’t some lights out stellar bullpen and rotation a lot of people thought was top 5 is proving to hardly be top 15. Add to that a past his prime HOF manager who is out of his depth in the modern game and a collection of stiff coaches around him, with the cherry on top an owner who likes to meddle but doesn’t like to spend and yah we are where we are. A mentally and physically weak .500 3rd place team.
                          Last edited by Domeshot17; 08-22-2022, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tragg View Post
                            Basically a barren position player farm system, poor drafting year after year, players than were signed to contracts that diminished their worth greatly, unwilling to spend much money on FAs, gives the team no other choice but to get old declining players.

Comment

Originally posted by Domeshot17 View Post

He isn’t wrong… Kelly has been really bad, Grandal hasn’t hardly done anything useful all year, Harrison not good, Pollock(traded for) has been disappointing. They relied a lot on older guys and none are working out.
                              Grandal is the only one of those who was signed for any kind of premium money and he put in two excellent years before struggling this year while battling injuries all year long. Kelly hasn't pitched enough to really have made a big difference. Harrison was cheap and is posting an OPS around .700 while playing gold glove worthy defense and batting in the bottom 2 slots most of the year. Pollock was a wash trading a guy they wanted to dump. He has definitely struggled, but...

That's 4 players out of 26. Calling it a "bunch" seems overly dramatic and again...just looking to push a narrative. In addition Grandal wasn't playing today and Harrison had two hits. Almost everyone loved the Kelly signing last winter. Along with Graverman it was widely applauded as being a great fix for the backend of the bullpen. Hindsight is 20/20 so sure, Kelly has had a bad year, but he's also been battling injuries.

I guess I get tired of people saying crap that doesn't make sense. This is not an old team and it's not filled with a bunch of declining old FA signees like it was in years past.

I know, I'm nitpicking, but it just... gets... old...
                              Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Working...
                              X