*Official* 8/18 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 8/18 Postgamer

Not even bothering with a title. This game doesn't deserve one. Worst I have attended by far.

If a game is official after five innings when it rains, why can't a manager just concede in the eighth or ninth and save baseball the embarrassment of position players pitching?

Comment

Definitely one of the 60.
      They need to at least win the series in Cleveland, a sweep would be better.
      Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 08-18-2022, 04:27 PM.
      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Every team pretty much has a beat down game. The current winning streak makes this easier to swallow. Let clean some clocks in Cleveland!!
        Time to cheer on our beloved Bears tonight

Comment

That was pretty ugly. We had errands to run, and turned it off when it was10-0. That was bad enough.

I wonder how this one ranks all time for worst Sox losses. I'll try to find it, if somebody here doesn't already have it.

Right about now Andrus is saying, "Maybe this isn't a good idea..."

Comment

Originally posted by Nellie Fox View Post
            If a game is official after five innings when it rains, why can't a manager just concede in the eighth or ninth and save baseball the embarrassment of position players pitching?
            I mentioned that earlier in the year and was chastised

Comment

Originally posted by Noneck View Post

I mentioned that earlier in the year and was chastised
              We’re playing Little League ball the way it is with pitchers maxed out in 6 innings or less, so sure let’s enforce a slaughter rule.

BK59

Comment

I'm a life-long Sox fan but I'm sorry. The truth is this team is not even close to a championship caliber team. Today was a hard spanking by a superior team, but let's get past that. The Sox are a poor defensive team, terrible at running the bases, the manager is well past retirement age, and they are not effective at getting key base hits. This Sox team is the biggest disappointment to me in all the years of watching them. Major changes are needed in the off season but I'm not sure Reinsdorf will allow that. But will see.

Comment

Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post

We’re playing Little League ball the way it is with pitchers maxed out in 6 innings or less, so sure let’s enforce a slaughter rule.

BK59
                  I'm not talking about a youth-baseball-like slaughter rule, where the game is automatically over with a certain lead after a certain number of innings. I'm talking about letting the team that's behind by some large amount late in the game choose to let it end. The game became a mockery.

Comment

Originally posted by Nellie Fox View Post

I'm not talking about a youth-baseball-like slaughter rule, where the game is automatically over with a certain lead after a certain number of innings. I'm talking about letting the team that's behind by some large amount late in the game choose to let it end. The game became a mockery.
                    As I mentioned previously this year, forfeit the game at that point.

Comment

Bingo

Comment

Let's face it; when you're sending your second baseman out to lob 60 mph crap up to the plate, you've already run up the white flag for the day.

Comment

Preach Prof

Comment

3rd year into the rebuild and it's an old team.
                            And now Rick Hahn signs another old guy. The FO just can't help itself....
                            Last edited by Tragg; 08-18-2022, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tragg View Post
                              3rd year into the rebuild and it's an old team.
                              And now Rick Hahn signs another old guy. The FO just can't help itself....
                              This is what happens after poor drafting and poor development of position players

Comment

Working...
                              X