Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official* 8/17 Back to Third Place Postgamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *Official* 8/17 Back to Third Place Postgamer

    At least they didn't go quietly. Still sucks to lose that when they had a chance though.

  • #2
    And the holding pattern continues. It was a nice run, let’s go get them tomorrow.

    BK59

    Comment


    • #3
      Tough loss as we lost ground to the Guards and Twins, hope we win the last game against the Astros, don't want to go into Cleveland on a 2 game losing streak.
      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

      Comment


      • #4
        Tough loss, given the number of missed opportunities to tie up the game and how Jose Altuve basically stole that first run in the first inning. Hopefully they come out strong this afternoon and head to Cleveland on a high note.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by notjimrose View Post
          Tough loss, given the number of missed opportunities to tie up the game and how Jose Altuve basically stole that first run in the first inning. Hopefully they come out strong this afternoon and head to Cleveland on a high note.
          Altuve is dead to rights at 2B if Gonzales catches Kopech's throw and tags him. They might still be playing. More of a gift run than a theft run.
          Ah, you can't beat fun at the old ball park.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by berwyn View Post

            Altuve is dead to rights at 2B if Gonzales catches Kopech's throw and tags him. They might still be playing. More of a gift run than a theft run.
            Yup, playing Santa Claus all year really hasn’t helped the cause. This eleemosynary type of baseball has continued to bite them in the ass.

            BK59

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by berwyn View Post

              Altuve is dead to rights at 2B if Gonzales catches Kopech's throw and tags him. They might still be playing. More of a gift run than a theft run.
              Yea, then watching that smug grin, when he got to 3rd was a bitter pill . really enjoyed Engel taking out Altuve in the 7th . I really dislike Altuve, but it was more because it's the kind of baseball that i grew up with, that I hardly ever see, and I really miss.

              Comment


              • #8
                When Altuve stole third, I wondered why more teams don't try it against Grandal. He's a pretty mediocre catcher and doesn't throw well usually. Although he did beat Altuve to 2nd with that throw.

                It must be one of those pesky things players learn in Little League and never use again once they join the Sox.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by WSox597 View Post
                  When Altuve stole third, I wondered why more teams don't try it against Grandal. He's a pretty mediocre catcher and doesn't throw well usually. Although he did beat Altuve to 2nd with that throw.

                  It must be one of those pesky things players learn in Little League and never use again once they join the Sox.
                  Kopech stepped off the rubber and threw to second. Grandal had nothing to do with it.
                  Ah, you can't beat fun at the old ball park.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X